Perry Farrell, Dave Navarro and Stephen Perkins of Jane’s Addiction were inducted into the Guitar Center RockWalk in Hollywood yesterday (June 1, 2011).
Perry, Dave and Stephen rocked up to RockWalk for their induction with a speech from Rage Against The Machine’s Tom Morello.
Their handprints are now part of the walk together with those from Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, Elvis Presley, Carlos Santana, Johnny Cash, Van Halen, AC/DC, Bonnie Raitt, Aerosmith, Carl Perkins, Marvin Gaye, James Brown, B.B. King, Stevie Wonder, Queen and Run DMC.
Jane’s Addiction will now participate in the Guitar Center unsigned artist program where one unsigned band will win the opportunity to open for the band when they launch their summer tour.
Jane’s Addiction will release their next album ‘The Great Escape’ in August. It will be the band’s first album since ‘Strays’ in 2003.
Adele has announced a European tour for Spring 2011. Adele has announced a European tour for Spring 2011, which comes to the UK and Ireland in April. ‘Rolling In The Deep’, Adele’s forthcoming single is released on Sunday January 16th. Written and produced by Adele and award winning British producer Paul Epworth, it’s a ‘dark bluesy gospel disco tune’ according to Adele herself. Adele’s new album ’21′ is set to be released on Monday January 24th. Most of the album was recorded in Malibu with the legendary Rick Rubin (Johnny Cash, Jay Z, Red Hot Chilli Peppers) and back in Kensal Rise in London with Paul Epworth (Plan B, Bloc Party, Florence). Adele cites Wanda Jackson, Yvonne Fair, Andrew Bird, Mary J Blige, Mos Def, Elbow, Tom Waits and Kanye West amongst others as key influences on ’21′. About its release she says ‘ It’s taken a while and it knocked me for six when writing it. It’s different from ’19′, it’s about the same things but in a different light. I deal with things differently now. I’m more patient, more honest, more forgiving and more aware of my own flaws, habits and principles. Something that comes with age I think. So fittingly this record is called ’21′. The whole reason I called my first album ’19′ was about cataloging what happened to me then and who I was then, like a photo album you see the progression and changes in a person throughout the years’. ‘Rolling In The Deep’ is released on XL Recordings on Sunday January 16th ’21′ is released on XL Recordings on Monday January 24th. The full dates are:
12th – Olympia, Dublin, Ireland
14th ‘ O2 Academy, Leeds, UK
15th ‘ O2 ABC, Glasgow, UK
17th – Ritz, Manchester, UK
18th – HMV Institute, Birmingham, UK
20th – Guildhall, Southampton, UK
21st ‘ O2 Shepherds Bush Empire, London, UK
Jerry Lee Lewis to write autobiography. Jerry Lee Lewis is going to tell his incredible story in an autobiography for HarperCollins Publishers. “I have spent my life listening to those who know so little say so much about me and my life,” said Lewis in a statement. “I am ready to say a whole lot about why I lived my life the way I did. People can read it, burn it, or never give it another thought. Either way the truth is about to be told, and I’m the only man still standing who can touch it.” Jerry Lee Lewis is a living legend and literally the last man standing from the crop that gave is Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins and Roy Orbison. “Mr. Lewis personifies the American story, in all its richness and contradiction,” said Cal Morgan for IT Books. “He’s a man of astonishing natural talent, profound belief, and indomitable spirit. What a thrill to have the chance to work with him on this unforgettable book.” Morgan won the rights to the book after an auction. Jerry Lee Lewis signed to iconic Sun Records in the 50s and delivered early rock and roll hits like ‘Great Balls of Fire’ and ‘Whole Lotta Shakin’ Going On’ more than half a decade before The Beatles formed. The Lewis book will be released in 2012.
- Alcoholgebruik verpestte shows Jamie Cullum - NU.nl
- Video Kanye West geprojecteerd op Stedelijk Museum - NU.nl
- Teruglezen: Malaise Free Record Shop raakt hele muziekindustrie - Volkskrant
- Internetsensatie Atlas Genius sluit geen compromissen - Volkskrant
- Het Goede Doel presenteert nieuw album - NU.nl
- Glennis Grace heeft 'geen behoefte' aan deelname Songfestival - NU.nl
- Moeder natuur kan eindexamen muziek niet stoppen - Oog TV
- Obama eert singer-songwriter Carole King - NU.nl
- Eindexamen muziek met Krystl - 3FM- Radio
- EU beschermt eigen muziek- en filmindustrie - Volkskrant
- Concert door Noortje van Middelkoop en Harm Hoeve - dé Weekkrant
- Klassiek concert ensemble Parlando in Geldermalsen - NieuwsbladGeldermalsen.nl
- Gevarieerd concert in het UCK op 9 Juni. - dé Weekkrant
- Toppers klaar voor Arabisch concert - AD.nl
- Groot concert voor Alpe d'Huzes met Jan Vayne en Petra Berger - DeStadAmersfoort.nl
- Gerard Joling geeft concert in Ziggo Dome - Volkskrant
- Concert van Lisa Lois wordt verplaatst - Podiuminfo.nl
- Toppers in Concert 2013: Help, er is een dresscode!… - Blog.nl (Blog)
- Editors voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Concert Maroon 5 half jaar uitgesteld - 3FM- Radio