The British boyband are huge fans of the ‘Country Strong’ actress and budding singer and loved performances she gave alongside Cee Lo Green and Babyface so much they want her to work on a track for their new album.
Singer Aston Merrygold said: ‘She could be the lead girl on a track. It would be brilliant.’
His bandmate, Marvin Humes, added: ‘She was brilliant on ‘Glee’ and wicked with Babyface too. And with Cee Lo Green.’
As well as working with Gwyneth, the boyband ‘ currently preparing for the release of their 3D movie ‘Eyes Wide Open’ – also hope to follow in the footsteps of fellow boy band Take That, who appear on the soundtrack to new movie ‘X-Men: First class’.
JB joked: ‘We’d like to do something similar one day. I’d like to do it for a film like ‘Gladiator’ but the other boys prefer a rom-com.’
Marvin added: ‘We’re all ladies men so yeah, definitely for a rom-com.’
JLS and Take That will both perform at the National Movie Awards, held at London’s Wembley Arena tonight (11.05.11), which Gwyneth is also set to attend.
The ‘Eyes Wide Shut’ hitmakers are currently in Los Angeles working on a new record and say initial sessions have proved particularly fruitful. Band member Jonathan ‘JB’ Gill said: ‘t’s going really well.’
His bandmate Oritse Williams added: ‘t’s off to a good start. We’ve written around 16 tracks so far.’
The group – which also includes Aston Merrygold and Marvin Humes ‘ have previously told of their plans to learn instruments for their new album.
Marvin, 25, said: “We all want to play our own instruments. We want to take the band forward.
“Take That inspired us. We’ve already decided what we’re playing – I’m playing drums and Oritse is on guitar.”
Jonathan added: “I used to play the piano and I’m going to take it up again. I feel like I’ve lost touch with it and I want to be able to play it on stage as well as on future albums.”
The band is keen to stay together as a group and have ruled out any of them going solo at this point in their career.
Aston said: ‘We’re new to this game as a group. It feels like we’ve been here for a little while but we’re still new.’
Jonathan added: ‘Before the group we were all doing solo things and that didn’t work.
We’re strong and unified and that won’t change.’
Hailing from Essex and Cambridge, Twenty Twenty are lead singer and guitarist Sam Halliday, his brother bassist Jack Halliday and drummer Sonny Watson-Lang. The band formed in early 2009 after Sonny agreed to play drums with the Halliday brothers.
Since then the trio have steadily created an incredible buzz prior to their major label signing. Honing their craft playing live shows with the likes of JLS, McFly, Selena Gomez and The Sugababes and touring the UK on their own headline sold-out tours throughout 2010, they amassed a huge fan base along the way.
Their independently released ‘Get Down Live With Twenty Twenty’ DVD sensationally reached No.4 in the UK’s music DVD charts, behind only the likes of U2 and Michael Jackson.
Now with major label support in the shape of Geffen, Twenty Twenty will release their new single ‘Love To Life’ on 17th April followed by a mini album in late April. Written by the band and produced by Julian Emery (McFly, Simple Plan, Lissie), ‘Love To Life’ is an infectious cocktail of rock and pop featuring an indelible melody, an anthemic sing-along chorus and soaring guitar riffs, while the lyrics reveal the excitement of feeling love for the first time.
The band recently supported on The Saturdays UK tour throughout February to great acclaim – and will now be supporting The Wanted on the following tour dates:
THE WANTED UK tour ‘ support slot:
26th Mar: Rhyl Pavillion
28th Mar: Manchester Apollo
29th Mar: Manchester Apollo
30th Mar: Newcastle City Hall
1st Apr: Brighton Centre
2nd Apr: Notts Royal Concert Hall
3rd Apr: Cardiff CIA
5th Apr: Plymouth Pavillion
6th Apr: London Hammersmith Apollo
7th Apr: London Hammersmith Apollo
9th Apr: Bournemouth BIC
10th Apr: Sheffield City Hall
11th Apr: Wolves Civic Hall
13th Apr: Glasgow Clyde Auditorium
14th Apr: Glasgow Clyde Auditorium
15th Apr: Edinburgh Playhouse
- Moby geeft zijn muziek gratis aan filmmakers - RTL Nieuws
- C2C voelt zich meer band dan dj-collectief - NU.nl
- Vengaboys hopen op zomerhit met Hot Hot Hot - Parool.nl
- Johannes Rypma overhandigt Nick & Simon eerste cd - Parool.nl
- Nieuwe drummer voor Normaal - Volkskrant
- 'Love Me Do' van The Beatles 10.000 dollar waard - Volkskrant
- HiFi versus live muziek - Hifi
- . Het laatste nieuws het eerst op NU.nl - NU.nl
- Jiggy Djé nuchter over succes 'supergroep' Great Minds - NU.nl
- Armin van Buuren pakt platina in Canada - NU.nl
- New Concert Jack Johnson Heineken Music Hall - Amsterdam, Nederland ... - Concertnews
- 3 Doors Down - 17/6 - 013 - Podiuminfo.nl
- Elburger zeemanskoor "Kop van 't Ende" sluit seizoen af met een concert aan de ... - Veluweland.nl
- Openbare Masterclass door mezzo Karin Strobos en concert (try-out) - De Jonge ... - dé Weekkrant
- Vrijkaarten concert Koninklijke Militaire Kapel Johan… - Blog.nl (Blog)
- Speciaal Twitterkanaal voor Concert at Sea - Omroep Zeeland
- Geslaagd concert Crescendo - dé Weekkrant
- Eerste concert Big Band Ter Apel in het kader van het 10 jarig bestaan een succes - Westerwolde actueel
- Borrel-concert Femme Vanille op Landgoed Zonnestraal - Dichtbij.nl
- Alicia Keys zet concert Israël door - NOS op 3