Although they’re sisters, Jessica Simpson and Ashlee Simpson haven’t collaborated much over the years. But now, the two singers are coming together to create a line of tween apparel as part of the Jessica Simpson Collection.
Jessica and Ashlee will both serve as co-creative directors for the line, which is the first time the girls have ever collaborated on a fashion project. Simpson already has an ultra-successful line of womenswear, including her popular shoe line.
According to Women’s Wear Daily, the Simpson sisters’ new line will feature denim, sportswear, and activewear with a “girly, playful attitude.”
Among the items set to be included are graphic tees, hoodies, knit tops, pullovers, drawstring pants, outerwear, and footwear.
”Creating a tween apparel collection was a natural extension for the brand,” Jessica Simpson told WWD. “I’m excited to bring my sister, Ashlee, along as co-creative director of this division, because she brings a savvy rocker edge that defines today’s tweens.”
“My goal as co-creative director will be to design clothes that will help inspire young girls to express their personalities and creativity through fashion,” Ashlee added.
Jessica has been kept busy with her hot-selling brand over the years, while Ashlee is reportedly starting work on her fourth studio album
The singer, actress and reality TV star is reportedly at the top of Simon Cowell’s list to take on one of the coveted judge-and-mentor roles on the show when it launches later this year. A source told People: “There [are] loads of conversations happening at the moment. No one has been offered a judging role yet as new names keep coming forward who want the role, but there are some frontrunners and it’s fair to say Jessica is one of them. She’s very keen. “She knows what she is talking about [and] is talented and likable. But Simon’s not in a rush to decide. The judges have to mentor on ‘The X Factor’ – it’s more than just turning up for a few hours a week to appear on TV.” Jessica is not the only person in the frame for a role, it was revealed yesterday that record executive Tony Mottola – ex-husband of Mariah Carey and former boss of Sony Music – is also being considered. An insider said: “Simon and Tommy have known each other for years since their days at Sony and Simon has wanted to get Tommy on board one of his shows for a long time. “They get on extremely well and this could be the moment where they finally get on screen together. Tommy’s from the Bronx in New York, he’s tough talking, doesn’t pull any punches and will make great TV.” Other people mentioned as possibilities include Nicole Scherzinger, Mariah Carey, and Cheryl Cole.
Jessica Simpson a generous tipper. The singer, actress and reality TV star recently left an extra 60 per cent on a $500 restaurant bill after dining with her mother, assistant and two other friends at New York Italian restaurant Lavo. As well as leaving a $300 tip for the $500 bill, she also left a positive message to her waitress, telling her “you were amazing and make this world a better place, Love Jess.” Jessica had told her waitress she’d had a hard day at work and ordered Macallan 18-year-old single-malt Scotch whisky, which she drank with ice and paired with an unusual dish of fried Oreo cookies as well as a veal parmigiano. Jessica, 30, has been in great spirits since announcing her engagement to Eric Johnson in November, and recently admitted she was left speechless and in tears when Eric popped the question. Talking about the proposal, she explained: ‘ had to sit on his knee to really get what was happening. I was shocked. “I first said, ‘Yes!’ But I didn’t even try the ring on until 5 minutes in. I just sat there and cried with him.” Jessica was previously married to singer Nick Lachey from 2002 until 2006.
- Alcoholgebruik verpestte shows Jamie Cullum - NU.nl
- Video Kanye West geprojecteerd op Stedelijk Museum - NU.nl
- Teruglezen: Malaise Free Record Shop raakt hele muziekindustrie - Volkskrant
- Internetsensatie Atlas Genius sluit geen compromissen - Volkskrant
- Het Goede Doel presenteert nieuw album - NU.nl
- Glennis Grace heeft 'geen behoefte' aan deelname Songfestival - NU.nl
- Moeder natuur kan eindexamen muziek niet stoppen - Oog TV
- Obama eert singer-songwriter Carole King - NU.nl
- Eindexamen muziek met Krystl - 3FM- Radio
- EU beschermt eigen muziek- en filmindustrie - Volkskrant
- Concert door Noortje van Middelkoop en Harm Hoeve - dé Weekkrant
- Gevarieerd concert in het UCK op 9 Juni. - dé Weekkrant
- Toppers klaar voor Arabisch concert - AD.nl
- Groot concert voor Alpe d'Huzes met Jan Vayne en Petra Berger - DeStadAmersfoort.nl
- Gerard Joling geeft concert in Ziggo Dome - Volkskrant
- Concert staat in teken jubilea - Dichtbij.nl
- Concert van Lisa Lois wordt verplaatst - Podiuminfo.nl
- Toppers in Concert 2013: Help, er is een dresscode!… - Blog.nl (Blog)
- Editors voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Concert Maroon 5 half jaar uitgesteld - 3FM- Radio