Cold War Kids new album. Indie rock sensation Cold War Kids have booked a UK tour and prepare for the release of their third album. The band has seemingly never stopped touring, as they’ve been performing a chunk of Californian shows in November, and a more extensive December tour around the US. Now they’ve just booked a Feburary tour through the UK. They will also release their third album, which will be called Mine Is Yours and be released on January 24. The eleven-track album was produced by Jacquire King, who has previously teamed up with Kings Of Leon, Modest Mouse and Tom Waits.
Sonic Youth New Years Eve date. ATP Concerts are very pleased to present their first annual New Years Eve celebration this December 31st at London’s prestigious Hammersmith Apollo. Indie rock legends Sonic Youth will headline a stunning bill also featuring Chicago’s mighty Shellac, the Pop Group and much talked about Brit newcomers Factory Floor for this very special New Years event entitled STRANGE DAYS. They will be joined on the night by guest DJs. The show will run from 7pm – 3am and tickets cost £40. Sonic Youth will also appear the night before (Thursday 30th December) at Manchester Academy. Tickets for both events are available here: Meanwhile, Sonic Youth have done the soundtrack for the French film ‘Simon Werner a Disparu’ (‘Lights Out’), directed by Fabrice Gobert, which opened Sept 20 in France and will show later elsewhere. They are currently preparing the soundtrack for CD & vinyl release early in 2011.
New rock music channel LAVA launches 29 March 2010 on SKY 378, providing a platform for young rock and indie musicians. This is the latest venture from Mushroom TV, the production company behind Channel AKA (formerly Channel U), who are aiming to repeat the success of AKA within a new genre. LAVA will cover all rock sub-genres from Heavy Metal & Punk Rock to Grunge, Indie Rock and & Nu Metal and features unsigned acts from around the UK such as Deaf Havana, You Me At Six and Enter Shikari alongside classic and brand new Rock music. The motivation behind the launch is to uncover unsigned talent from the rock scene, before anyone else. Channel AKA helped to launch the careers of triple award winners and platinum selling Grime artists N-Dubz; Number 1 artist Tinchy Stryder; MOBO winner Chipmunk, and Mercury prize winner and Number 1 artist Dizzee Rascal to name but a few. AKA has been the first and only station to broadcast many up & coming Grime artists on music television, offering an opportunity to build a UK-wide fan base and to help bring them to the attention of record labels and artist management. AKA has also given many presenters a starting point for their future success, before he joined MTV to host the British version of Pimp My Ride, Tim Westwood had a show on Channel AKA, Radio 1 D.J’s Ace & Vis begun their media journey by hosting The Illout Show and MTV’s Scottie B had his TV debut with The Channel U Christmas Special. The Channel AKA and Lava formats allow the viewer to be in full control of the play list via a voting system, meaning that you only have to see the videos that you want to see.
- Dordtenaar van de week: 'Wanneer je je verdiept in geschiedenis van muziek ... - dé Weekkrant
- Op plein twee dagen urenlang live muziek van honderden Oldenzalers - dé Weekkrant
- Handgeschreven teksten Bowie onder de hamer - Volkskrant
- Middelmatig 3 Doors Down maakt weinig indruk in 013 - NU.nl
- Jiggy Djé nuchter over succes 'supergroep' Great Minds - NU.nl
- Stones spelen ruim 2 uur op Glastonbury - Volkskrant
- Armin van Buuren pakt platina in Canada - NU.nl
- Anouk spontaan en dronken op podium bij Club Dauphine - Parool.nl
- HiFi versus live muziek - Hifi
- Miley Cyrus wil opnieuw beginnen - NU.nl
- St. Hubert - Internationaal Concert - dé Weekkrant
- Geslaagd concert Crescendo - dé Weekkrant
- Ruim zestig jonge musici spelen zondag het Rosarium Concert - Dichtbij.nl
- Concert Jack Johnson op 7 september in de Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam - Vovert.nl
- Concert van Thirty Seconds to Mars op 12 november in de Ziggo Dome ... - Vovert.nl
- Concert Queens of the Stone Age ( QOTSA ) op 26 november in Ziggo Dome ... - Vovert.nl
- Eerste concert Big Band Ter Apel in het kader van het 10 jarig bestaan een succes - Westerwolde actueel
- Communicatieaanpak Concert at SEA! - Blog.nl (Blog)
- Borrel-concert Femme Vanille op Landgoed Zonnestraal - Dichtbij.nl
- Vrijdag 21 juni Concert Veenendaals Koper Ensemble - Veenendaalse Krant