The singer-and-actor ‘ who plays teacher Will Schuester in the musical US TV series ‘ believes the ‘Parachute’ hitmaker could resurrect her career in the US following her shock firing from ‘The X Factor’ if she landed a role on the show.
He said: “Cheryl is on the front of every newspaper and magazine in the UK. It’s not the same in America but I think she can crack it. She’s a talented girl.
“Appearing on ‘Glee’ would be a good way for Cheryl to crack America. She was part of Fox when she was in America and they also make ‘Glee’. Maybe she will get an appearance ‘ you never know.”
Matthew is also keen to see British actresses Sienna Miller and Keira Knightley appear on the programme in some capacity.
He told Reveal magazine: “I’d love to get Sienna Miller on the show. Keira Knightley would also be good. She can sing right? Well, she’d be good even if she can’t.”
Glee producers are reportedly looking for a cross between Adele and Susan Boyle to appear in the show.
Reports have been suggesting that the hit US musical comedy show, whose cast includes Matthew Morrison, Jane Lynch, Dianna Agron and Lea Michele, is on the lookout for two exciting new female castmembers.
Apparently Ryan Murphy, who co-created the programme, is seeking a female actress who is at least 18 but looks high school age. The character will be influenced by two very different musicians ‘ 23-year-old soul singer Adele and 50-year-old Susan Boyle, who shot to fame on British reality show Britain’s Got Talent in 2009, as sources are describing her as “Adele meets Susan Boyle”.
Meanwhile, the other female character set to join the hugely anticipated season three will be more stereotypical. For her, producers are looking for somebody “beautiful and…who can sing all kinds of music”.
The 32-year-old singer-and-actor ‘ best known for playing teacher Will Schuester in ‘Glee’ ‘ is preparing for the release of his self-titled debut LP and says the tracks reflect his eclectic music taste.
He said: “The album is awesome! My musical taste is eclectic so it has stuff you could hear in a club alongside some very dark songs, plus there’s some poppy fun songs.”
The record features collaborations with a number of stars, including Sting, Gwyneth Paltrow and Sir Elton John, which Matthew admits was an “incredible” way to launch his music career.
He added: “There’s one with Gwyneth Paltrow and one with Elton John. I mean, for my debut album, singing a duet with Elton John is pretty incredible.”
The ‘Summer Rain’ singer developed an interest in musical theatre when he was at school, and though he admits he was mocked by some of his classmates over his hobby, he felt he “got away unscathed” because of his other interests.
He told Britain’s Cosmopolitan magazine: “There was an element of teasing but I got away unscathed. I was very athletic too, so I hung out with the football team and dated the homecoming queen
- 'Kanye West heeft wéér een sterk, belangwekkend album gemaakt' - Volkskrant
- 'Muziek van mijn IJslandse lievelingsband doet mij nu denken aan walvisgehuil' - Volkskrant
- Haase schreeuwt het uit op de baan: zet die muziek uit!!! - NRC Handelsblad
- Nieuwe drummer voor Normaal - NU.nl
- . Het laatste nieuws het eerst op NU.nl - NU.nl
- Concertreeks emotioneel voor kinderen Hazes - NU.nl
- Zomeravond met muziek in Frans Hals Museum - Verkeersbureaus.info
- Whitesnake transporteert 013 naar gloriedagen hardrock - NU.nl
- 'Love Me Do' van The Beatles 10.000 dollar waard - Volkskrant
- Moby geeft zijn muziek gratis aan filmmakers - RTL Nieuws
- Het IJzerenman concert - Muziek & Theater Paradijs
- Kane geeft concert bij Vredespaleis - Den Haag FM
- Frank Sinatra & Barbra Streisand: concert dat er nooit was - Blog.nl (Blog)
- Gezamenlijk concert 'Hof Cruninghe' - Zeeuwseregio.nl
- Hoornse popmuzikanten samen in uniek concert - Hoorngids
- Dré en Roxeanne Hazes in tranen na concert - ShowbizNewz.nl
- Fanfareorkest Crescendo Voorthuizen geeft Try-out concert ter voorbereiding op ... - dé Weekkrant
- Klassiek concert afsluiting - dé Weekkrant
- Concert op minicamping - dé Weekkrant
- Speciaal Twitterkanaal voor Concert at Sea - Omroep Zeeland