The ‘Smile’ hitmaker has enlisted the services of Ted Lavender – who calls himself Ted at the Controls ‘ to provide the entertainment at her reception following her nuptials to fiance Sam Cooper on Saturday (11.06.11) in Gloucestershire, South West England, after hearing his demo tape – and he cannot wait to play at the event.
He told The Sun newspaper: “I do a lot of practising in my bedroom and I don’t get nervous, except at the beginning.
“But mostly it’s just really exciting when the crowd gets going. Lily’s really nice and I’m looking forward to really rocking her party.”
Ted’s dad Andy revealed Lily is keen for Ted to mix reggae and ska tunes for her 150 guests to dance to.
He said: “My eldest daughter Sarah is Lily’s half-sister and we’re all going to the wedding. Lily wanted Ted to play.
“I’ve got quite a large vinyl collection and Ted really enjoys playing my records.
“He saved up to buy his own decks and spends every hour he can on them.”
But Ted ‘ who is also set to play in the Hipshaker tent at the Isle of Wight Festival this weekend ‘ is not planning to be a full-time DJ.
He added: “I want to be an antiques dealer and I’ll probably do DJing at the weekends.”
Lily and Sam are set to celebrate their wedding with a honeymoon at Glastonbury Festival in a luxury £1,000 tepee.
Glastonbury festival has announced its full festival line up, confirming U2, Coldplay and Beyonce Knowles as this year’s headliners.
The festival confirmed the line-ups for 15 stages which will run over the three main days it takes place, June 24 to 26, in Somerset, Southern England.
U2 are headlining the main Pyramid stage after pulling out last year after lead singer Bono hurt his back. Coldplay will headline for the first time since 2005, while Beyonce will be playing at the festival for the first time.
The ‘Single Ladies’ hitmaker has previously said she is looking forward to her performance, saying: “I’m pumped just thinking about that huge audience and soaking up their energy.
‘This really is the biggest festival in the world and I cannot wait to perform.”
It has also been rumoured today she will be joined onstage by Coldplay frontman Chris Martin, his wife Gwyneth Paltrow and her husband Jay-Z.
Also appearing on the Pyramid stage over the weekend are Morrissey, Elbow, Biffy Clyro, Wu Tang Clan, Two Door Cinema Club, Paolo Nutini, Tinie Tempah and Plan B among many other acts.
The Other Stage ‘ the second largest’ will be headlined by Primal Scream, Chemical Brothers and Queens of the Stone Age, and will also see appearances from Mumford and Sons, White Lies, Kaiser Chiefs and Eels.
Other stages include the rap, hip hop and soul of the West Holts stage, which has performances by Cee Lo Green, Kool and The Gang, Chase and Status and Jimmy Cliff.
The alternative John Peel stage will have DJ Shadow, Glasvegas and The Streets performing, while other stages include The Park, Acoustic, East Dance and Oxlyers In West.
For a full list of artists performing at the event, visit glastonburyfestivals.co.uk
Guitarist The Edge revealed the Irish group will top the main stage on the Friday night of the iconic event in June, a year after they were forced to pull out due to a back injury to lead singer Bono.
In a video speech played at the Shockwaves NME Awards ceremony in London shortly after Glastonbury was named Best Festival last night (23.02.11) he said: “Congratulations to [organisers] Michael and Emily Eavis and the rest of the team for the continued success of Glastonbury. It’s more a way of life than a festival.
“U2 will be playing on June 24. And we’re so excited to get to play in front of the world’s greatest festival audience. We’ll see you there!”
The guitarist also talked about his special guest appearance with rockers Muse at the festival last year, where he joined the band on the main Pyramid stage, saying: “I have to say there is something really special and iconic about that stage. So, we’re all looking forward to coming back to pick up where I left off.”
2011 will be U2′s first ever time performing at the festival, and the group are expected to play the track ‘Glastonbury’, which they had written especially for their performance last year.
Coldplay and Beyonce have already been confirmed as the other headliners of the event.
Tickets for the festival, which runs from Wednesday 22 to Sunday 26 June, have sold out.
- Will Smith werkt met Kanye aan nieuwe muziek - AD.nl
- Placebo voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- The Opposites heeft behoefte aan iets anders - NU.nl
- Lowlands verkoopt donderdag 1000 extra tickets - Parool.nl
- Treetop Flyers wil eerst Nederland dan VS veroveren - Volkskrant
- Junkie XL maakt muziek 300: Rise of an Empire - AD.nl
- . Het laatste nieuws het eerst op NU.nl - NU.nl
- Azerbeidzjan onderzoekt stemmen Songfestival - NU.nl
- Anouk opgelucht na optreden Songfestival - NU.nl
- The Doors-toetsenist Ray Manzarek (74) overleden - NU.nl
- Concert Jostiband met André Rieu op 6 juli - Omroep West
- Exclusief Omroep Brabant-concert Guus Meeuwis om 21:00 LIVE op internet, tv ... - Omroep Brabant
- Jamie Cullum verrast treinreizigers met concert - NOS
- Concert Spanjaardsgat geannuleerd door weer - BN DeStem - BN DeStem
- Placebo voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Extra concert Ilse de Lange in de Effenaar - Studio040
- Rockband Paramore naar HMH voor concert - NU.nl
- Soundgarden geeft in september concert in HMH - AD.nl
- Concert Maroon 5 uitgesteld naar januari - NU.nl
- Depeche Mode annuleert concert vanwege wegblokkade - NU.nl