Gladys Knight performed at the funeral, which was attended by Stevie Wonder, Macaulay Culkin, Elizabeth Taylor and more.After an hour-and-a-half delay, Michael Jackson’s funeral got under way around 8:30 p.m. PT on Thursday (September 3) at Forest Lawn cemetery in Glendale, California. The Jackson family and close friends, who departed their Encino compound in a police-escorted caravan around 7:30 p.m. PT, arrived at Forest Lawn at about 8:10. Solo piano renditions of Michael’s songs began to play as the family — including Michael’s three children, his sisters Janet and La Toya, brothers Continue reading
Joss Stone likes the single life . The singer said she has been single for a long time because of her busy career, but she admitted she still doesn’t have time for a man. She said: “I’ve had five different boyfriends this year in the press. “But I don’t have a boyfriend. I haven’t had a boyfriend for four years. I would like to have a boyfriend, though. “It would be nice. But not right now. I haven’t got time for all that. It’s better just being a free spirit. I’ll tell you when it’s real, ’cause I’ll be happy. “I’ll tell everyone. I can’t keep that stuff to myself.” Stone, 21, dated Beau Dozier, the son of Motown record producer Lamont Dozier, in 2004 and moved from England to live with him in Los Angeles, but they split the following year.
Joscelyn Eve Stoker was born on April 11, 1987, in the pastoral country of Dover, England. She spent her teen years in the rural town of Devon, where she bought her first album, Aretha Franklin’s Greatest Hits, which inspired her to become a singer. At the age of 14, she auditioned for a popular BBC show, Star for a Night.
Therein, Joscelyn thought that she could do better than the indistinguishable flock of pop star wannabes, who were mangling the popular classics. Once onstage, the audience expected another squeaky blonde cutie to sort of entertain them; but out of this giggly teenager came a vocal reincarnation of Gladys Knight rolled up with Janis Joplin and a dash of Dusty Springfield, as she performed Aretha Franklin’s classic “(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman.” She was signed to an agent right away.
joss stone is signed; Anticipating her impending career as a singer, Joscelyn and her mother, Wendy, changed her name to the catchier and sultrier Joss Stone. They then flew to New York to meet with Steve Greenberg, CEO of S-Curve Records (known for popularizing Hanson and the Baha Men’s “Who Let the Dogs Out”).
Entranced by her soulful power, Greenberg signed her on and hired Miami soul legend Betty Wright to refine her singing. Greenberg and Wright teamed her up with a Miami soul dream team, including guitarist Little Beaver, organist Timmy Thomas and keyboardist Latimore. In just four days they recorded a suite of lost soul gems and a cover of The White Stripes’ “Fell In Love With a Girl” (renamed “Fell In Love With a Boy”) with hip-hop heavyweights The Roots.
joss stone’s soul sessions; The result was her debut album, The Soul Sessions, which came out on September 16, 2003, to the delight of critics and to the horror or Britney and her candy-pop cohorts. Joss’ mother manages the young diva’s shows and tours. In her very short career, she has performed at such noted venues as Joe’s Pub in New York and The Troubadour in Los Angeles. She has also appeared on the Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn, Ellen, and in People magazine. She even finished a tour in which she opened for Simply Red; Chicago’s House of Blues was among the venues.
joss stone, mind, body & soul; Practically a year after her debut release, Joss’ followup album Mind, Body & Soul proved that Joss could take on original music. Hits like “Right To Be Wrong” and “You Had Me” enjoyed radio play, and she even contributed to the Alfie soundtrack in 2004, with the songs “Wicked Time” (featuring Mick Jagger) and a cover of the title track.
joss stone is new gap girl; After receiving three nominations at the 2005 Grammys, including one for Best New Artist, Joss Stone was tapped to replace Sarah Jessica Parker in the Gap’s TV and print ads for its 2005 summer line.
- Eerste Pinksterdag in Brabant: rommelmarkt, muziek en veldslagen - Omroep Brabant
- Anouk gaat als eerste haar kinderen zoenen - Parool.nl
- 'Winnend Deens lied lijkt erg veel op nummer K-Otic' - Parool.nl
- Zanger Daft Punk-hit overleden - NU.nl
- Winnend lied Denemarken gejat van Nederlandse band? - Telegraaf.nl
- Madese tent bol van muziek - BN DeStem - BN DeStem
- Anouk trekt bijna 6 miljoen kijkers - Volkskrant
- . Het laatste nieuws het eerst op NU.nl - NU.nl
- Denemarken wint Eurovisie Songfestival 2013 - NU.nl
- Anouk zingt nummer vlekkeloos op Songfestival - NU.nl
- Coevorder Accordeonorkest verzorgt prima concert - coevordenhuisaanhuis.nl
- Concert op gerestaureerde orgel - Dichtbij.nl
- Succesvol concert regionale Pluskoor Gelderse Vallei - dé Weekkrant
- Concert voor vroege vogels - Ede Stad
- Zangeres Pearl Jozefzoon te gast op Concert in Harmony - Stellingwerf
- Concert: Moss + Stuart Mavis, Leeuwarden, Asteriks - FOK!
- Afwisselend concert in Pnielkerk in Veenendaal - dé Weekkrant
- Depeche Mode annuleert concert vanwege wegblokkade - NU.nl
- Frank Ocean voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl
- Beyoncé haalt concert België eind van de maand in - NU.nl