N-Dubz to headline 1Xtra Live 2010. Some of the biggest names in urban music have been confirmed to perform at the third ever BBC Radio 1Xtra Live, which this year takes place at London’s Wembley Arena on Saturday 25th September 2010. N-Dubz will headline the concert, which is the UK’s biggest free urban music event*. Tulisa from the band said: ‘We can’t wait for 1Xtra Live. It’s going to be one of the best gigs of the year. I hope everyone is ready to party!’ The band will be joined by fellow British No.1 acts Tinie Tempah, Tinchy Stryder and Roll Deep and US chart-toppers Jason Derulo and B.o.B. The exciting line-up also includes exciting new and emerging artists including Jamaican reggae singer Gyptian, grime lyricist Devlin and Katy B and Labrinth, who are bursting on to the scene at the moment. The artists will be performing to over 10,000 people and the event will be broadcast live on a special simulcast show on BBC Radio 1 and BBC Radio 1Xtra. Ben Cooper, Deputy Controller, BBC Radio 1Xtra says: ‘As a station we’re committed to bringing the very best live music to our audience and supporting both established and emerging artists. This incredible line-up reflects what has already been a great year for urban music and for 1Xtra’. The event was announced in Trevor Nelson’s Radio 1 and 1Xtra simulcast show on Saturday 28th of August. The full line up is as follows: N-Dubz Tinie Tempah Jason Derulo B.o.B Tinchy Stryder Roll Deep Gyptian Katy B Devlin Labrinth The event will be co-hosted by BBC Radio 1Xtra’s Breakfast Show presenters Trevor Nelson and Gemma Cairney. Tim Westwood and MistaJam will be DJing between sets. * Tickets will be available nationally from 7.30pm on Saturday 11th September. Entrance is free but ticket handling charges apply. See BBC 1xtra for further details.
The BBC 1Xtra Breakfast Show, presented by Trevor Nelson and Gemma Cairney, is going on tour for the first time ever between Monday 16th March and Friday 20th March, broadcasting live each day from five different cities across the UK.
Starting on Monday 16 March in Glasgow, the tour will be stopping off at Manchester, Belfast and Birmingham and ends in a live show from Bristol University on Friday March 20th, featuring performances from special guests including Tinchy Stryder and K.I.G Family.
The Breakfast Show will broadcast live between 8am and 11am each day on BBC 1Xtra. Throughout the week there will also be videos, photos and online updates at www.bbc.co.uk/1xtra
The details are as follows:
Monday 16th March, Glasgow – As The X Factor Live Tour hits Scotland, Trevor and Gemma go behind the scenes and catch up with some of 2008’s contestants.
Tuesday 17th March, Manchester – Football stars Rio Ferdinand and Micah Richards will be on the show telling Trevor and Gemma where to go and what to do in the City. The team also sneak onto the set of Corrie and catch up with The Street’s stars.
Wednesday 18th March, Belfast – It’s the morning after St Patrick’s Day. Will Trevor and Gemma be fresh and full of energy after their St Patrick’s Day adventure?
Thursday 19th March, Birmingham – It’s Gemma’s Birthday and she’s in the town where she was born, recapturing her early days in Brum musically.
Friday 20th March, Bristol – Trevor and Gemma will be broadcasting the Breakfast Show from Bristol University. The show will feature special live performances from K.I.G Family, Tinie Tempah, Tinchy Stryder and Kano.
Listeners can catch up with all the news from the Breakfast Show tour throughout the day on 1Xtra as Trevor and Gemma will be popping up on the shows to talk about their adventures on the road.
Highlights of the week will also be played on Trevor Nelson’s Radio 1 and 1Xtra Simulcast Show on Saturday 21st March (7pm-9pm).
- Nederlandse artiesten coveren Nirvana op Lowlands - NU.nl
- Whitesnake transporteert 013 naar gloriedagen hardrock - NU.nl
- Moby geeft zijn muziek gratis aan filmmakers - RTL Nieuws
- Extra Gold: een weekend vol muziek - Mediapages
- C2C voelt zich meer band dan dj-collectief - NU.nl
- Nieuwe drummer voor Normaal - Volkskrant
- 'Love Me Do' van The Beatles 10.000 dollar waard - Volkskrant
- HiFi versus live muziek - Hifi
- . Het laatste nieuws het eerst op NU.nl - NU.nl
- Jiggy Djé nuchter over succes 'supergroep' Great Minds - NU.nl
- Hoornse popmuzikanten samen in uniek concert - Hoorngids
- Dré en Roxeanne Hazes in tranen na concert - ShowbizNewz.nl
- Fanfareorkest Crescendo Voorthuizen geeft Try-out concert ter voorbereiding op ... - dé Weekkrant
- Concert jeugd de Harmonie - dé Weekkrant
- Klassiek concert afsluiting - dé Weekkrant
- 3 Doors Down - 17/6 - 013 - Podiuminfo.nl
- Elburger zeemanskoor "Kop van 't Ende" sluit seizoen af met een concert aan de ... - Veluweland.nl
- Vrijkaarten concert Koninklijke Militaire Kapel Johan… - Blog.nl (Blog)
- Speciaal Twitterkanaal voor Concert at Sea - Omroep Zeeland
- St. Hubert - Internationaal Concert - dé Weekkrant