The wallpaper in Gayle King’s Manhattan apartment may look like any 17th Century French-inspired design. But take a closer look, and you’ll find something surprising.
On thursday’s episode of “The Nate Berkus Show,” Oprah Winfrey’s best friend invited cameras into her freshly decorated apartment, where the wallpaper in the galley kitchen depicts African-American life in rural and urban areas. Created by interior designer Sheila Bridges, the yellow print called “Harlem Toile de Jouy” shows satirical scenes of African-Americans playing basketball and listening to a boombox. “Yellow is my favorite color,” King said. “I don’t believe that you can be surrounded by yellow and be unhappy.” When Berkus asked, “What story does your home tell?” King remembered an advice the host once told her. “I forgot where we were…you, me, Oprah. Someplace we were talking, and you said ‘Your home should be a reflection of you.’ So, I can travel all around the world, all around the country and see homes that are bigger than mine, nicer than mine, but I never feel when I go back, ‘Oh I wished I lived there,’ because I think my home is a happy place.” It is reported that King’s New York City penthouse is worth $7.4 million. It includes three bedrooms, 3½ baths, a large living room/dining area and a 768-square-foot wraparound terrace. The talk show host and editor-at-large of O magazine also revealed a tip she “stole” from Winfrey. “She thinks that the ceilings of your house should never be cream or white, so every ceiling she said should be painted a different color,” King told the audience. “First, I thought it was weird, but now I like it.” At one point during her appearance on the show, King said the last taping of “The Oprah Winfrey Show” is going to be “harder on me than it is on her.” “If you called her right now and said ‘how many shows?’ she would say, ‘42 and…’ whatever it is,” she said about Winfrey. “But after 25 years, and 25 years at number one, and now launching OWN, she’s ready to go on to something, but every time I see a show I say ‘this is the last time we’ll ever see Favorite Things. This is the last time we’ll ever see Oprah’s Oscar Show,’ and she goes, ‘will you stop saying that! I’m in a good place.’”
The ‘Born This Way’ singer says her glamorous look is her normal state and she would dress in one of her outrageous outfits no matter what she had planned that day. Speaking to US TV host Gayle King – while wearing spikes on her face and shoulders, huge platform shoes and a leather dress – she said: ‘ live a glamorous, stylish life. It’s nothing to do with money or anything. It’s just the way I choose to live.
‘ just woke up in my New York apartment and just wanted to be myself today, so I wore my vintage mute glare catsuit and these are my favourite shoes right now.
‘They’re creepers and they’re made into platforms. I’m very excited about that. It’s just another day at the office.’
She also tried to convince Gayle the spikes in her face were natural, adding: ‘They’ve been there this whole time but I waited until I’d put ‘Born This Way’ out for you to see them.’
Gaga, 24, also said claimed she does not take herself too seriously, and doesn’t worry about criticism.
She added: ‘ always like to say people take me too seriously and not seriously enough at the same time. I think there’s an incredible amount of scrutiny on young women and I think there’s a tremendous amount of analysis that goes into everything, but I just don’t care what people think of me to be perfectly blunt.
No more Oprah? Oprah Winfrey announced that after 25 years, she will be pulling the plug on The Oprah Winfrey Show on Sept. 9, 2011. Oprah is preparing to start her own cable channel, OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network. Celebs voiced their support and awe at Oprah’s decision. Ellen DeGeneres said, “I don’t think I could be here without her,” and Gayle King said, “We don’t need to worry about [Oprah] filling her time, I promise you that!” The media-mogul reaches 7 million viewers a day with The Oprah Winfrey Show. Oprah Winfrey has announce today that her powerhouse daytime television show, the foundation of a multibillion-dollar media empire with legions of fans, will end Continue reading
- Will Smith werkt met Kanye aan nieuwe muziek - AD.nl
- Placebo voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- The Opposites heeft behoefte aan iets anders - NU.nl
- Lowlands verkoopt donderdag 1000 extra tickets - Parool.nl
- Treetop Flyers wil eerst Nederland dan VS veroveren - Volkskrant
- Junkie XL maakt muziek 300: Rise of an Empire - AD.nl
- . Het laatste nieuws het eerst op NU.nl - NU.nl
- Azerbeidzjan onderzoekt stemmen Songfestival - NU.nl
- Anouk opgelucht na optreden Songfestival - NU.nl
- The Doors-toetsenist Ray Manzarek (74) overleden - NU.nl
- Concert Jostiband met André Rieu op 6 juli - Omroep West
- Exclusief Omroep Brabant-concert Guus Meeuwis om 21:00 LIVE op internet, tv ... - Omroep Brabant
- Jamie Cullum verrast treinreizigers met concert - NOS
- Concert Spanjaardsgat geannuleerd door weer - BN DeStem - BN DeStem
- Placebo voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Extra concert Ilse de Lange in de Effenaar - Studio040
- Rockband Paramore naar HMH voor concert - NU.nl
- Soundgarden geeft in september concert in HMH - AD.nl
- Concert Maroon 5 uitgesteld naar januari - NU.nl
- Depeche Mode annuleert concert vanwege wegblokkade - NU.nl