Kara DioGuardi Announces Official Exit From “American Idol”. Kara DioGuardi is now the third judge from last season that is out. She announced her decision to leave the hit reality music series on Friday. “I felt like I won the lottery when I joined ‘American Idol’ two years ago, but I feel like now is the best time to leave ‘Idol,’” said DioGuardi in a joint statement with FOX. “I am very proud to have been associated with ‘American Idol’ – it has truly been an amazing experience. I am grateful to FOX, FremantleMedia and 19 Entertainment, as well as the cast, crew and contestants, for all they have given to me. I look forward to my next challenge, and want to thank everyone who has supported me. All the best to everyone on Season 10!” The Fox show has already seen the departure of frontrunner Simon Cowell and comedian Ellen DeGeneres, who stayed with the show for only one year before quitting. DeGeneres replaced former judge Paula Abdul after contract negotiations reportedly went awry in 2009. Randy Jackson is now the only original judge left on the series. Replacements for Cowell and DeGeneres have not yet been named, but rumors of Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez have been running rampant for weeks. Fans will have to stay tuned for future announcements, but the show will return to Fox in January of 2011.
Paula Abdul, who has been in tense negotiations with Fox for a new deal to stay with “American Idol,” wrote on Twitter tonight that she is leaving the show. Abdul wrote: “I’ll miss nurturing all the new talent, but most of all being a part of a show that I helped from day1 become an international phenomenon.” Abdul’s contract expired Continue reading
This season promises to be one of the best yet with new talent, a new judge and plenty of surprises along the way. Every year, tens of thousands of hopefuls from across the nation audition for a shot at stardom. The show’s judges – Paula Abdul, Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson and recent addition Kara DioGuardi – traveled to East Rutherford, NJ; Jacksonville, FL; Kansas City, MO; Louisville, KY; Phoenix, AZ; Salt Lake City, UT; San Francisco, CA; and San Juan, Puerto Rico, in search of the next American Idol. They winnow down the competitors to a select group of semifinalists who sing their hearts out each week for a studio audience and television viewers.
The judges have their say after every performance, but it’s the viewing public that determines who will advance to the next round of competition and who will go home. Voting via telephone and text-messaging begins immediately after each performance show, and the results are announced during the following night’s broadcast.
Eventually the competition is narrowed down to two finalists who compete for a major recording contract and the American Idol title. Past winners Kelly Clarkson, Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino, Carrie Underwood, Taylor Hicks, Jordin Sparks and recently crowned David Cook have become household names and have risen to the top of the recording industry.
Emmy Award-winning AMERICAN IDOL is created and executive-produced by Simon Fuller, founder of 19 Entertainment. The series is executive-produced by Cecile Frot-Coutaz, CEO, FremantleMedia North America, Inc.; and Ken Warwick, Executive Producer, FremantleMedia North America, Inc.
- Franse componist Henri Dutilleux (97) overleden - Volkskrant
- 'Rapper Tim Dog zette mogelijk eigen dood in scène' - NU.nl
- Sandra van Nieuwland gaat op theatertournee - NU.nl
- Brian May noemt The Voice 'ultieme belediging voor muziek' - NU.nl
- MS MR zijn muzikale zielsverwanten - Volkskrant
- David Bowie-bassist Trevor Bolder (62) overleden - Volkskrant
- Duo Housequake heeft geen internationale ambities - NU.nl
- Guus Meeuwis staat stil bij eigen geluk - NU.nl
- Will Smith werkt met Kanye aan nieuwe muziek - AD.nl
- Tour Ruth Jacott is verlengd - NU.nl
- Concert 't Huis te Poort - dé Weekkrant
- Concert KVA 'Psalmen door de eeuwen heen' - DeStadGorinchem.nl
- Editors voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Exclusief Omroep Brabant-concert Guus Meeuwis vanavond LIVE op internet, tv ... - Omroep Brabant
- Concert Jostiband met André Rieu op 6 juli - Omroep West
- Jamie Cullum verrast treinreizigers met concert - NOS
- Concert Spanjaardsgat geannuleerd door weer - BN DeStem
- Placebo voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Rockband Paramore naar HMH voor concert - NU.nl
- Soundgarden voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl