Featuring headline performances by The Prodigy, Basement Jaxx, The Flaming Lips, Placebo, Biffy Clyro, Orbital, Super Furry Animals, and Dizzee Rascal Tucked away in a natural amphitheatre next to the mystical Loch Ness and set against the rolling hills of the stunning Scottish highlands Rock Ness is the ultimate place to get away and experience such a visual and audio feast. The main stage is perfectly placed on the banks of the loch for revellers to enjoy the hottest acts in electronic, dance and rock & roll. THE FLAMING LIPS, the critically acclaimed, multi-Grammy-winning kings of psychedelia are revealed as the hotly anticipated FRIDAY MAIN STAGE headline act for this summer’s ROCK NESS festival. BASEMENT JAXX, the kings of the carnival atmosphere headline SATURDAY MAIN STAGE with DIZZEE RASCAL the electrifying beat master adding kudos too. SUNDAY MAIN STAGE sees the mighty PRODIGY headline to get our fires started with Scottish rockers BIFFO CLYRO. With other acts such as Orbital, Placebo, Soulwax, Super Furry Animals and Pendulum performing in the other arenas, this is definitely a festival not to be missed. This year will be the best yet with more arenas, fantastic themed pubs, diverse and exciting festival food, the friendliest campsite and, in conjunction with the Bestival team, a grand return of the Nesstival area which brings the famous Bollywood arena, gorgeous cocktails, laid back atmosphere, dressing up tent, the Black Isle Pub and the Whisky Bar. Not to be missed is Rock Ness’s salute to its Scottish hosts with a fun Highland Fayre where you can sample the delights of traditional Lochfyne foods, practice your highland flings with ceilidh dancing and get involved with some cabre tossing! The picture-postcard elegance of the setting and mix of music and revelry on offer makes Rock Ness without question the most beautiful and best festival in the world!
ROCK NESS 09 takes place on 12, 13 and 14 June, with the MAIN STAGE running across three days for the first time in the festival’s four year history. Campsites will open at 10am on the Friday, with the NESSTIVAL area opening as normal in the afternoon. Offering a diverse weekend of entertainment which fans can enjoy in a beautiful iconic location, ROCK NESS 2009 is shaping up to be the ultimate party and finest start to the festival season. Tickets are on sale now with full details on the official website: www.rockness.co.uk
BBC Radio 1 has announced the rest of the line-up for Radio 1′s Big Weekend, at Lydiard Park, Swindon on Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 May. Kicking off this year’s festival season, the station’s annual free flagship event gives 40,000 lucky music fans the chance to enjoy music from four arenas in the park – the Main Stage, the Outdoor Stage, the In New Music We Trust Stage and the BBC Introducing Stage. In addition to the Main Stage and In New Music We Trust stages whose line-ups have already been confirmed, there’s the Outdoor Stage – featuring a world class line-up of DJs and a fantastic line-up of unsigned, undiscovered and under the radar musical talent from around the UK on the BBC Introducing stage. Radio 1’s Zane Lowe revealed who will be on the Outdoor Stage during Scott Mills’ show today; and Huw Stephens named the bands that will perform on the BBC Introducing Stage in Zane’s programme.
Sunday 10 May
Outdoor Stage, Trevor Nelson, Jaguar Skills, Zane Lowe (on the picture left), Mistajam featuring Wiley, Bashy, Chipmunk, Skepta & Boy, Better Know, Fabio & Grooverider, Chris Moyles v Tim Westwood, David Guetta featuring Kelly Rowland,
Chase & Status (DJ set) , Kissy Sell Out, Jaymo and Andy George, Judge Jules
Radio 1’s Pete Tong says: ‘I play at festivals all over the world but I have to say that the Outdoor Stage at Radio 1’s Big Weekend is on another level – truly amazing atmosphere, just massive, and the line up for this year looks like it’s going to stay that way.
The BBC Introducing Stage is back at Radio 1’s Big Weekend after its debut last year. Hosted by Radio 1’s Huw Stephens the stage will showcase nine bands a day across the weekend.
Saturday 9 May
BBC Introducing Stage
The Temper Trap
Bombay Bicycle Club
Sunday 10 May
BBC Introducing Stage
Kid Love Lies
Marina & The Diamonds
Sound of Guns
Huw Stephens says: ‘Radio 1’s Big Weekend was raised up a gear with the BBC Introducing Stage last year, and it’s great that we’ll be there at Swindon. The stage showcases some of the best new up and coming artists from across the UK and from the Swindon area – it’s new music a go go!’
- Taylor Swift grote winnaar bij Billboard Awards - Volkskrant
- Prestigieuze muziekprijs voor Usher - NU.nl
- Eerste Pinksterdag in Brabant: rommelmarkt, muziek en veldslagen - Omroep Brabant
- 'Winnend Deens lied lijkt erg veel op nummer K-Otic' - Volkskrant
- Zanger Daft Punk-hit overleden - NU.nl
- Anouk gaat als eerste haar kinderen zoenen - NU.nl
- Madese tent bol van muziek - BN DeStem - BN DeStem
- Anouk trekt bijna 6 miljoen kijkers - Volkskrant
- . Het laatste nieuws het eerst op NU.nl - NU.nl
- Anouk zingt nummer vlekkeloos op Songfestival - NU.nl
- Leerfabriek Oisterwijk maakt zich op voor exclusief Omroep Brabant-concert ... - Omroep Brabant
- Coevorder Accordeonorkest verzorgt prima concert - coevordenhuisaanhuis.nl
- Concert op gerestaureerde orgel - Dichtbij.nl
- Succesvol concert regionale Pluskoor Gelderse Vallei - dé Weekkrant
- Zangeres Pearl Jozefzoon te gast op Concert in Harmony - Stellingwerf
- Concert: Moss + Stuart Mavis, Leeuwarden, Asteriks - FOK!
- Depeche Mode annuleert concert vanwege wegblokkade - NU.nl
- Frank Ocean voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl
- Concert voor en met Vroege Vogels - De Stentor - De Stentor
- Beyoncé haalt concert België eind van de maand in - NU.nl