Following the No.1 success of his monster hit ‘Changed The Way You Kiss Me’, Example returns with the second single ‘Stay Awake’ from his much anticipated new album ‘Playing In The Shadows’ out in September.
It has been a killer year for Example who has well and truly branded 2011 his own. ‘Changed The Way You Kiss Me’ held the No.1 position in the UK charts for 2 weeks beating rock giants Coldplay to the top and selling in excess of 200K copies, now certified silver and ranked as one of the biggest selling singles of the year.
His new single ‘Stay Awake’ is produced by dubstep lords Nero and is yet another huge dance anthem from Example who kills it with his trademark combination of thought provoking lyrics and massive choruses. ‘Stay Awake’ was penned after waking up at Ibiza Rocks and seeing hundreds of kids still going from the night before. Example says ‘it’s about a messed up generation who spend all their money on partying and questioning whether or not it’s right. We spend all our money to stay awake the longest’.
The aftermath of all this will culminate in the release of Example’s third studio album ‘Playing In The Shadows’ which features production from the biggest and most credible names in dance music today ‘ Chase & Status, Nero, Michael Woods, Skream and Faithless ‘ out in September.
The line up for Wireless 2009 sponsored by Barclaycard just keeps getting hotter as it’s announced that London’s very own Alesha Dixon and stateside superstar Kelly Rowland join Sunday’s bill alongside headliner Kanye West. More top artists added to the already amazing line-up for Saturday are Jack Penate, Saint Etienne, Afrika Bambaataa and the Soulsonic Force and on the Sunday, Ironik, Example and Florence Rawlings. Taking place in London’s Hyde Park on Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 July, Wireless 2009 sponsored by Barclaycard, is all set to be the highlight of London’s summer. On Saturday 4 July, headliners Basement Jaxx will be supported by ‘the Father of Electro Funk Sound’, Afrika Bambaataa and his rap crew Soulsonic Force. The ensemble will be bringing their infamous break-beats from the Bronx to the capital. Influential indie-dance darlings Saint Etienne will be getting their groove on and critically acclaimed singer-songwriter Jack Penate will bring his infectious energy and anthemic songs to the star studded stage. Performing tracks from new album ‘Everything is New,’ the Blackheath boy is set to show why he’s still the ‘one to watch’ this summer. Kanye West will lead a bill jam-packed with stars on Sunday 5 July, which includes one of the UK’s brightest and sassiest R’n’B talents, Alesha Dixon. Wireless gig-goers will get a special sneak preview of The Alesha Show ahead of her debut UK tour in October. International super-star Kelly Rowland is also armed to thrill the audience with her contemporary R’n’B. This is a Wireless debut for the four-time Grammy Award winning star, who is part of the best selling female group of all time, Destiny’s Child. Nominated for Best Newcomer at the 2008 MOBO Awards and Best Newcomer and Best Video (for ‘Stay With Me’) at the 2008 Urban Music Awards, Ironik will be bringing his myriad of R’n’B, grime, pop and hip-hop to Hyde Park. Together with the English rapper Example, who describes his new sound as ‘an up-tempo electro garage rap mash-up’ and phenomenal 20 year-old London soul singer Florence Rawlings. Wireless 2009 sponsored by Barclaycard, is an unparalleled open-air live music experience in the heart of bustling London. It offers a chance to experience the excitement and watch the best in popular music right on your doorstep; and with more acts and details still to be unveiled, Wireless 2009 is set to be the big event on the summer’s musical calendar.
SATURDAY 4 JULY – LINE UP TO DATE:
BASEMENT JAXX, THE STREETS, DIZZEE RASCAL, PAUL OAKENFOLD, JACK PENATE, AFRIKA BAMBAATAA AND THE SOULSONIC FORCE, SAINT ETIENNE, DIGITALISM, SNEAKY SOUNDSYSTEM, FRANKMUSIK, N.A.S.A., TOMMY SPARKS, DOES IT OFFEND YOU, YEAH?, DELPHIC, FILTHY DUKES, SKINT & DEMORALISED, MASTER SHORTIE, THE JAPANESE POPSTARS AND PHENOMENAL HANDCLAP BAND PLUS MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON
SUNDAY 5 JULY – LINE UP TO DATE:
KANYE WEST, ALESHA DIXON, KELLY ROWLAND, Q-TIP, N-DUBZ, TINCHY STRYDER, NOISETTES, KID CUDI, FLO RIDA, DANIEL MERRIWEATHER, MR HUDSON, LADY SOVEREIGN, IRONIK, YOUNG JEEZY, ZARIF, EXAMPLE, CHIPMUNK, STEVE APPLETON, BLACK AND WHITE YEARS WITH MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON
For new additions to the line up and more info go to www.wirelessfestival.co.uk
Tickets are available at www.wirelessfestival.co.uk or call 0844 847 2502 (24 hour credit card hotline.
Single day tickets are £45 plus booking fee and weekend ticket is £80 plus booking fee.
- Pia Douwes heeft nog genoeg dromen - NU.nl
- Doors-toetsenist Ray Manzarek (74) overleden - Volkskrant
- Anouk vindt Roemeen 'engerd' en Deense 'onaardig' - Volkskrant
- President Azerbeidzjan gelast hertelling Songfestival - Volkskrant
- 'Miley en Justin maken samen muziek' - Shownieuws
- Jared Leto wil niet op zelfde voet verder gaan - NU.nl
- Taylor Swift grote winnaar Billboard Awards - NU.nl
- Prestigieuze muziekprijs voor Usher - NU.nl
- Stevie Ann blinkt uit in intieme liedjes - NU.nl
- Eerste Pinksterdag in Brabant: rommelmarkt, muziek en veldslagen - Omroep Brabant
- Bryan Bijlhout op concert Pinksteren - Waterkant
- Toon Hagen geeft concert op Meere-orgel - Veluweland.nl
- Depeche Mode annuleert concert vanwege wegblokkade - Nieuwsblad Transport
- Na dag repeteren geven jonge muzikanten een mooi concert - De Stentor - De Stentor
- Concert Maroon 5 uitgesteld naar januari - NU.nl
- Dinsdag LIVE: Exclusief Omroep Brabant-concert Guus Meeuwis - Omroep Brabant
- Leerfabriek Oisterwijk maakt zich op voor exclusief Omroep Brabant-concert ... - Omroep Brabant
- Frank Ocean voor concert naar Amsterdam | nu.nl/muziek | Het laatste nieuws ... - NU.nl
- Beyoncé haalt concert België eind van de maand in - NU.nl
- Bryan Adams voor intiem concert naar Nederland - Telegraaf.nl