Just one week after Eminem became the first artist ever to sell one million downloads on an album with ‘Recovery’ Adele has beaten his record.
’21′ by Adele also now holds the record for fastest selling digital album as it was released well after the Eminem ‘Recovery’ album.
Adele ’21′ has also sold 1.5 million CDs giving it a grand tally of 2.5 million units sold and making it the biggest selling album of 2011 so far.
The single ‘Rolling In The Deep’ has also sold over 4 million tracks.
Worldwide sales for ’21′ are over 9 million. The album has also spent more time at number 1 in the USA for any UK artist.
Eminem made diss tracks some of his biggest hits, name-checking everyone from Mariah Carey to Michael Jackson. Now he’s taking aim at pop’s current heaviest hitters, Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber.
Only the newly leaked track “A Kiss,” off his “Hell: The Sequel” effort with Royce Da 5’9 as Bad Meets Evil, the 38-year-old rapper calls Bieber “evil” and brings up those tired old Gaga hermaphrodite rumors.
“Tell Lady Gaga she can quit her job at the post office/ She’s still a male lady,” he says on the track. “Wouldn’t f— her with her d—/ You heard it/ The verdict’s in.”
He also says “evil seeps through” 17-year-old pop star Justin Bieber, but is much nicer to Katy Perry, saying he’s “on her tail.”
The “Hell: The Sequel” EP is officially due on June 14. It’s also set to feature the single “Lighters,” with Bruno Mars.
The US alternative rock event brings together three of the biggest acts on the planet to play in Chicago from August 5 to 7 this year. Organiser Perry Farrell, of the band Jane’s Addiction, told Rolling Stone magazine: “I wish I was 20, but unfortunately it’s my festival that’s 20. I just feel so fortunate that I was able to make something so wonderful for the musicians and the audience.
“It’s just astounding where it has evolved to. In 1991, we had seven groups and we were performing on dirt fields.”
Other acts confirmed for the festival include Cee Lo Green, Arctic Monkeys, Deftones, Tinie Tempah, deadmau5 and Muse.
Lollapalooza was one of the first events to offer a diverse bill to fans, with heavy metal, punk, dance and hip-hop acts all playing on
the same stage, and it has often found and championed upcoming bands, giving them one of the first breaks of their career.
Speaking of his eclectic choice of who plays, Perry added: “A lot of this music – we’ll call it festival music – it’s still not popular
“If you look at pop, pop is one thing. Festival music is another, and it still holds true that we’re looking to book acts that are
critically acclaimed and have credibility. It’s just very interesting that it’s become its own working organism.”
The festival has also greatly expanded during its twenty years and now boasts over 100 acts playing over its three days on its main and newly added dance stages.
- Dordtenaar van de week: 'Wanneer je je verdiept in geschiedenis van muziek ... - dé Weekkrant
- Op plein twee dagen urenlang live muziek van honderden Oldenzalers - dé Weekkrant
- Handgeschreven teksten Bowie onder de hamer - Volkskrant
- Middelmatig 3 Doors Down maakt weinig indruk in 013 - NU.nl
- Jiggy Djé nuchter over succes 'supergroep' Great Minds - NU.nl
- Stones spelen ruim 2 uur op Glastonbury - Volkskrant
- Armin van Buuren pakt platina in Canada - NU.nl
- Anouk spontaan en dronken op podium bij Club Dauphine - Parool.nl
- HiFi versus live muziek - Hifi
- Miley Cyrus wil opnieuw beginnen - NU.nl
- St. Hubert - Internationaal Concert - dé Weekkrant
- Geslaagd concert Crescendo - dé Weekkrant
- Ruim zestig jonge musici spelen zondag het Rosarium Concert - Dichtbij.nl
- Concert Jack Johnson op 7 september in de Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam - Vovert.nl
- Concert van Thirty Seconds to Mars op 12 november in de Ziggo Dome ... - Vovert.nl
- Concert Queens of the Stone Age ( QOTSA ) op 26 november in Ziggo Dome ... - Vovert.nl
- Eerste concert Big Band Ter Apel in het kader van het 10 jarig bestaan een succes - Westerwolde actueel
- Communicatieaanpak Concert at SEA! - Blog.nl (Blog)
- Borrel-concert Femme Vanille op Landgoed Zonnestraal - Dichtbij.nl
- Vrijdag 21 juni Concert Veenendaals Koper Ensemble - Veenendaalse Krant