Elvis Presley was a cultural icon. Often referred to as the King of Rock and Roll. He won and broke the hearts of millions of women. And no doubt, a new recording will have many swooning once again.
As a young, naive and budding superstar, Presley revealed in a recorded interview on the set of Love Me Tender that he was lonely as he spoke of love and life.
”The Early Show” got a clip of the never-before-heard interview from RCA/Legacy’s new Elvis Presley box set, “The Young Man With The Big Beat,” scheduled to be released on Sept., 27.
In the 1956 interview, Presley openly reflected on love, life and what his future would hold. The interview was recorded four years before his mega hit “Are You Lonesome Tonight.”
In the recording Presley said, “Am I in love? No, I thought I’d been in love, but I guess I wasn’t, it just passed over. I guess I haven’t met the girl yet.”
Presley went on to say that he wanted to settle down one day so that he would no longer feel “lonesome right in the middle of a crowd.”
Thousands of fans braved torrential rain to cheer on the music legend, who combined the gospel tracks from his latest album ‘Praise & Blame’ with his more well-known hits, including ‘Delilah’, It’s Not Unusual’, ‘The Green, Green Grass of Home’, ‘Kiss’ and ‘You Can Leave Your Hat On’.
Despite the wet weather, the singer was on good form, telling the crowd – who descended onto the expansive grounds with picnic blankets and hampers in hand – stories of his friendships with Elvis Presley and Jerry Lee Lewis.
One fan said: “It was really wet, but Tom made it all worthwhile. We forgot about the rain as soon as he started singing.”
English Heritage Picnic Concerts unite world-class music and breath-taking locations for a wonderful celebration of the British Picnic tradition and guests can choose to bring their own picnics or enjoy the delicious pre-prepared picnic hampers by Carluccio’s.
The Picnic Concerts allow guests to feast on some of the finest food and music in the most enchanting settings in the UK.
Perry Farrell, Dave Navarro and Stephen Perkins of Jane’s Addiction were inducted into the Guitar Center RockWalk in Hollywood yesterday (June 1, 2011).
Perry, Dave and Stephen rocked up to RockWalk for their induction with a speech from Rage Against The Machine’s Tom Morello.
Their handprints are now part of the walk together with those from Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, Elvis Presley, Carlos Santana, Johnny Cash, Van Halen, AC/DC, Bonnie Raitt, Aerosmith, Carl Perkins, Marvin Gaye, James Brown, B.B. King, Stevie Wonder, Queen and Run DMC.
Jane’s Addiction will now participate in the Guitar Center unsigned artist program where one unsigned band will win the opportunity to open for the band when they launch their summer tour.
Jane’s Addiction will release their next album ‘The Great Escape’ in August. It will be the band’s first album since ‘Strays’ in 2003.
- 'Miley en Justin maken samen muziek' - De Stentor - De Stentor
- Concert Maroon 5 uitgesteld naar januari - NU.nl
- Taylor Swift grote winnaar bij Billboard Awards - Volkskrant
- Prestigieuze muziekprijs voor Usher - NU.nl
- Eerste Pinksterdag in Brabant: rommelmarkt, muziek en veldslagen - Omroep Brabant
- 'Winnend Deens lied lijkt erg veel op nummer K-Otic' - Volkskrant
- Zanger Daft Punk-hit overleden - NU.nl
- . Het laatste nieuws het eerst op NU.nl - NU.nl
- Denemarken wint Eurovisie Songfestival 2013 - NU.nl
- Anouk zingt nummer vlekkeloos op Songfestival - NU.nl
- Depeche Mode annuleert concert vanwege wegblokkade - Nieuwsblad Transport
- Na dag repeteren geven jonge muzikanten een mooi concert - De Stentor - De Stentor
- Maroon 5 stelt Amsterdams concert uit - AD.nl
- Leerfabriek Oisterwijk maakt zich op voor exclusief Omroep Brabant-concert ... - Omroep Brabant
- Coevorder Accordeonorkest verzorgt prima concert - coevordenhuisaanhuis.nl
- Concert: Moss + Stuart Mavis, Leeuwarden, Asteriks - FOK!
- Frank Ocean voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl
- 20e concert in de serie Componistenportretten: - Dichtbij.nl
- Concert voor en met Vroege Vogels - De Stentor - De Stentor
- Beyoncé haalt concert België eind van de maand in - NU.nl