The Swiss Family Robinson (German: Der Schweizerische Robinson) is a novel, first published in 1812, about a Swiss family who are shipwrecked in the East Indies en route to Port Jackson, Australia. As written by Swiss pastor Johann David Wyss, and edited by his son Johann Rudolf Wyss, the novel was intended to teach his four sons about family values, good husbandry, the uses of the natural world and self-reliance. Wyss’s attitude towards education is in line with the teachings of Jean-Jacques Rousseau and many of the episodes have to do with Christian-oriented moral lessons (frugality, husbandry, resignation, co-operation, etc). The adventures are presented as a series of lessons in natural history Continue reading
The mighty Feeder will be headlining the main stage at this year’s Hevy Music Festival, topping an awesome line-up also featuring Ash, Gary Numan, Hundred Reasons, The Blackout (replacing Kids In Glass Houses), Attack! Attack!, Sonic Boom Six and In Case Of Fire.
Cancer Bats headline the second stage, following We Are The Ocean, The Ghost Of A Thousand (replacing Flood Of Red), The Xcerts, Heartbreak, SHARKS, Farewell City, Mexico Fallz and After The Ordeal.
Finally, LightsGoBlue headline our local talent showcase on the Hevy Music Festival’s third stage, following More Than Normal, Amber Room, One Day Elliott, Elephants, The Startover, Kingskin, and Eleven Eleven.
The event, in its first year is run by two 22year olds, and is a mammoth acheivement with the acts involved – and part of the regeneration of Folkestone. This at a time when money is so tight in the Credit Crunch, and where the Music industry particulary is in the press with question marks over its future due to illegal downloads etc, puts this as a very topical story in many lights.
For full details please visit www.hevy.co.uk
BBC Radio 1 has announced the rest of the line-up for Radio 1′s Big Weekend, at Lydiard Park, Swindon on Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 May. Kicking off this year’s festival season, the station’s annual free flagship event gives 40,000 lucky music fans the chance to enjoy music from four arenas in the park – the Main Stage, the Outdoor Stage, the In New Music We Trust Stage and the BBC Introducing Stage. In addition to the Main Stage and In New Music We Trust stages whose line-ups have already been confirmed, there’s the Outdoor Stage – featuring a world class line-up of DJs and a fantastic line-up of unsigned, undiscovered and under the radar musical talent from around the UK on the BBC Introducing stage. Radio 1’s Zane Lowe revealed who will be on the Outdoor Stage during Scott Mills’ show today; and Huw Stephens named the bands that will perform on the BBC Introducing Stage in Zane’s programme.
Sunday 10 May
Outdoor Stage, Trevor Nelson, Jaguar Skills, Zane Lowe (on the picture left), Mistajam featuring Wiley, Bashy, Chipmunk, Skepta & Boy, Better Know, Fabio & Grooverider, Chris Moyles v Tim Westwood, David Guetta featuring Kelly Rowland,
Chase & Status (DJ set) , Kissy Sell Out, Jaymo and Andy George, Judge Jules
Radio 1’s Pete Tong says: ‘I play at festivals all over the world but I have to say that the Outdoor Stage at Radio 1’s Big Weekend is on another level – truly amazing atmosphere, just massive, and the line up for this year looks like it’s going to stay that way.
The BBC Introducing Stage is back at Radio 1’s Big Weekend after its debut last year. Hosted by Radio 1’s Huw Stephens the stage will showcase nine bands a day across the weekend.
Saturday 9 May
BBC Introducing Stage
The Temper Trap
Bombay Bicycle Club
Sunday 10 May
BBC Introducing Stage
Kid Love Lies
Marina & The Diamonds
Sound of Guns
Huw Stephens says: ‘Radio 1’s Big Weekend was raised up a gear with the BBC Introducing Stage last year, and it’s great that we’ll be there at Swindon. The stage showcases some of the best new up and coming artists from across the UK and from the Swindon area – it’s new music a go go!’
- Kinderopvang Humanitas maakt muziek voor de koning - Dichtbij.nl
- Vriendschap onderdeel van succes Toppers - NU.nl
- Twee dagen kennismaken met muziek en dans - BredaVandaag.nl
- Alcoholgebruik verpestte shows Jamie Cullum - NU.nl
- Video Kanye West geprojecteerd op Stedelijk Museum - NU.nl
- Teruglezen: Malaise Free Record Shop raakt hele muziekindustrie - Volkskrant
- Internetsensatie Atlas Genius sluit geen compromissen - Volkskrant
- Glennis Grace heeft 'geen behoefte' aan deelname Songfestival - NU.nl
- Eindexamen muziek met Krystl - 3FM- Radio
- EU beschermt eigen muziek- en filmindustrie - Volkskrant
- Gezamenlijk concert - Veenendaalse Krant
- Concert door Noortje van Middelkoop en Harm Hoeve - dé Weekkrant
- Klassiek concert ensemble Parlando in Geldermalsen - NieuwsbladGeldermalsen.nl
- Gevarieerd concert in het UCK op 9 Juni. - dé Weekkrant
- Toppers klaar voor Arabisch concert - AD.nl
- Groot concert voor Alpe d'Huzes met Jan Vayne en Petra Berger - DeStadAmersfoort.nl
- Gerard Joling geeft concert in Ziggo Dome - Volkskrant
- Toppers in Concert 2013: Help, er is een dresscode!… - Blog.nl (Blog)
- Editors voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Concert Maroon 5 half jaar uitgesteld - 3FM- Radio