Editors to release ‘Unedited’ a limited edition collectors box set. Editors offer free tracks to fans to celebrate boxset release. The collector’s edition release titled EDITORS ‘UNEDITED’ catalogues the journey of one the UK’s most significant bands in a comprehensive collection of audio and images. In the run up to this release Editors are offering fans a selection of unique free content via an embeddable widget housed on www.editorsofficial.com and participating websites simply by entering their email address. Lead singer Tom Smith said: ‘We’ve been picking through the archive recently, looking back at our 3 records, many many b-sides and some material that has never seen the light of day. It’s been addictive. We can’t leave it alone, much like picking a scab, and we’ve decided to package it all together and share it with our fans, officially. We’ve raided the vaults, searched through old CD-Rs, cassettes and photo albums and gathered it all together. We’d like you to have this music on any and every format we can produce and also share some photos and memories of the last 6 years in a volume that you can keep forever.’ Tom Smith, Editors.
• The boxset will be made available to pre-order from editorsofficial.com early on the 2nd December.
• The First 200 pre orders will receive a special personalised surprise from Tom
R.E.M. reveal new album name. Best-selling rock band R.E.M. have revealed that the title of their 15th studio album will be Collapse Into Now. The album will be released in Spring 2011 by Warner Bros. Records. BBC Radio 6 broke the news on its Twitter feed after R.E.M.’s manager Bertis Downs revealed the title at the In the City conference. R.E.M., which is singer Michael Stipe, guitarist Peter Buck, and bassist Mike Mills, re-teamed with Grammy Award-winning producer Jacknife Lee, who produced the band’s acclaimed previous album Accelerate, to make Collapse Into Now. Lee is also noted for his work on albums by U2, Snow Patrol, The Hives, and indie stalwarts Kasabian, Editors, Aqualung, and Bloc Party. R.E.M. and Lee recorded the album in New Orleans at the Music Shed and in Berlin at the famed Hansa Studios, where several legendary albums, including David Bowie’s Heroes, U2′s Achtung Baby, and Iggy Pop’s Lust for Life, were made. Additional recording and mixing were done at the venerable Blackbird Studio in Nashville. Collapse Into Now is the follow-up to 2008′s hard-charging Accelerate, which debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard Top 200 album chart, topped the Alternative, Rock, Digital, and Internet (physical goods) charts in the U.S., and debuted at No. 1 in Canada, the U.K., Ireland, Denmark, Norway, Switzerland, and the Czech Republic. It spawned three hit singles ‘Supernatural Superserious,’ ‘Hollow Man,’ and ‘Man-Sized Wreath.’ The band also released a two-CD live set, entitled R.E.M. Live At The Olympia, last October. On October 26th, 2010, New West Records will release R.E.M. Live From Austin, TX – a DVD that contains the full live performance of the band’s concert for PBS’ Austin City Limits television series, plus three songs that didn’t air on the original broadcast. The 17 songs, including several from Accelerate and such classic hits as ‘Losing My Religion’ and ‘Man On The Moon,’ have been re-mixed and re-mastered in LPCM stereo and DTS-HD 5.1 Surround Sound.
The Great Escape to run Popkomm Day Stage . Music industry conference Popkomm in Berlin, Germany is rearranging their event for 2010 with a new location and better access to performing artists. The conference will now take place in and around the former Berlin-Tempelhof Airport and will feature ‘day stages’ for the first time. This will mean that the bands are playing near the conference – a problem that has plagued Popkomm in the past. Running the day stages will be British showcase festival The Great Escape, Spanish festival Primavera Sound and Swedish showcase event Almost Famous. This will bring artists to the international music industry as they descend on the German capital. Artists confirmed for Popkomm 2010’s day stages so far are Film (Greece), I Got You On Tape (Denmark), Liris (Estonia), Instrumenti (Latvia), Jesse (Finland), Laura Jansen (Netherlands/USA), Kellermensch (Denmark), Murmansk (Finland), Pintandwefall (Finland), The Black Atlantic (Netherlands) and The Megafonic Thrift (Norway). They join 2manyDJs, Atari Teenage Riot, Editors, LCD Soundsystem, Soulwax and Tricky who are part of the associated Berlin Festival. Popkomm will take place from the 8th – 10th of September, 2010. For more information head over to Popkomm Business or Popkomm Live.
- Franse componist Henri Dutilleux (97) overleden - Volkskrant
- Sandra van Nieuwland gaat op theatertournee - NU.nl
- Brian May noemt The Voice 'ultieme belediging voor muziek' - NU.nl
- MS MR zijn muzikale zielsverwanten - Volkskrant
- David Bowie-bassist Trevor Bolder (62) overleden - Parool.nl
- Guus Meeuwis staat stil bij eigen geluk - NU.nl
- Bassist Uriah Heep (62) overleden - NU.nl
- Toppers krijgen hulp van jeugd - Parool.nl
- Will Smith werkt met Kanye aan nieuwe muziek - AD.nl
- Tour Ruth Jacott is verlengd - NU.nl
- Editors voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Concert Jostiband voor Voedselbank Ede - Ede Stad
- Exclusief Omroep Brabant-concert Guus Meeuwis vanavond LIVE op internet, tv ... - Omroep Brabant
- Concert Jostiband met André Rieu op 6 juli - Omroep West
- Jamie Cullum verrast treinreizigers met concert - NOS
- Concert Spanjaardsgat geannuleerd door weer - BN DeStem
- Placebo voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Rockband Paramore naar HMH voor concert - NU.nl
- Soundgarden voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl
- Concert Maroon 5 uitgesteld naar januari - NU.nl