Reality star Bethenny Frankel is being sued by her ex-manager for $100 million after they say they were cut out of a lucrative deal.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Raw Talent president Doug Wald filed a lawsuit Wednesday in Los Angeles Superior Court, claiming he helped the former “Real Houswives of New York” star broker her pairing with her Skinnygirl Margarita brand and was cut out of the rich deal that followed.
Last month, Frankel, who stars in her own reality show “Bethenny Ever After” on Bravo, made headlines when her cocktail brand, which is a low-calorie cocktail, was acquired by Fortune Brands’ Beam Global Spirits and Wine for approximately $120 million.
But Wald, who was hired by Frankel to help promote Skinnygirl in 2008, said he was fired days before she signed her deal to develop and market Skinnygirl with liquor industry veteran David Kandbar.
“She expressly represented that any agreement relating to the exploitation of the Skinnygirl Cocktail Brand would be commissionable under their management agreement,” the complaint says.
Wald said Kandbar put together a business plan for a company that would buy the brand, use Frankel’s celebrity to help market it, and sell it in two years for a hefty profit.
Now Wald said he’s owed 10 percent of that deal, or an estimated $12 million. Plus the company wants $100 million in punitive damages to make an example out of Frankel.
“Notwithstanding her clear and unambiguous agreement and obligation to pay Raw Talent its 10% commission, Frankel now refuses,” the lawsuit said.
- Eerste Pinksterdag in Brabant: muziek, biggenraces en veldslagen - Omroep Brabant
- Anouk trekt bijna 6 miljoen kijkers - Parool.nl
- Gitaar Beatles geveild voor 400.000 dollar - Parool.nl
- Songfestival: de top 5 op een rijtje - Volkskrant
- ABBA haalt plaatverkoop The Beatles in - NU.nl
- Waarom blijft dat liedje van Anouk zo hangen? - Volkskrant
- Madese tent bol van muziek - BN DeStem - BN DeStem
- Justin Bieber verbreekt record Candle In The Wind - NU.nl
- Hoe groot zijn Anouks kansen? - Volkskrant
- "Muziek laat Syrische kinderen weer stralen" - NOS
- Succesvol concert regionale Pluskoor Gelderse Vallei - dé Weekkrant
- Concert voor vroege vogels - Ede Stad
- Zangeres Pearl Jozefzoon te gast op Concert in Harmony - Stellingwerf
- Concert: Moss + Stuart Mavis, Leeuwarden, Asteriks - FOK!
- Choral Music Projects geeft groot concert op 8 juni in Plantagekerk - HetKontaktVeluwsNieuwsblad.nl
- Afwisselend concert in Pnielkerk in Veenendaal - dé Weekkrant
- Depeche Mode annuleert concert vanwege wegblokkade - NU.nl
- Frank Ocean voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl
- 20e concert in de serie Componistenportretten: - Dichtbij.nl
- Bryan Adams voor intiem concert naar Nederland - Telegraaf.nl