Another “Dancing With the Stars” results show. I’m going to keep the recap quick. First up, Taylor Swift performs. Then, we get a recap of last night’s performance show. Joanna Krupa and Derek Hough finished at the head of the pack with a 26. There’s a three-way tie at the bottom. The bottom couple will go home; the next two at the bottom will compete head to head in a dance off. Those couples will get to choose the dance. Oh, DWTS, having to keep changing the way things are done, otherwise no one will watch the results shows anymore, except for recappers. The first couple we learn are safe are Joanna and Derek. They are Continue reading
Tonight, ten become eight as two more dancers are sent home–with no opportunity for the judges to save them. Tonight’s So You Think You Can Dance opens with a group dance to Janet Jackson’s So Much Betta. I didn’t catch who choreographed it, but it was awesome. Cat lets us know that Mia, Tabitha and Napoleon, Tyce and Dmitry were nominated for Emmys. In case anyone is interested:
Bleeding Love • Tabitha D’umo and Napoleon D’umo (Danced by Chelsie and Mark)
Mercy • Mia Michaels, (Danced by Katee and Twitch)
Adam and Eve / Silence • Tyce Diorio (Danced by Jessica and Will)
A Los Amigos • Dmitry Chaplin (Danced by Chelsie and Joshua)
I’m surprised Tabitha and Napoleon’s No Air routine (danced by Katee and Joshua) didn’t get nominated, but I loved Bleeding Love too! ryone!We get recaps from last night before we officially get down to business.
Top Five Girls:
Randi: Bottom 2.
Melissa: Bottom 2
We get some season six previews and I’ve got to say, I see some potential top twenty dancers already!
Top Five Guys:
Kupono: Bottom 2
Ade: Bottom 2
Next week’s guest include Ellen DeGeneres and some past dancers. Since this week the solos are to give everyone one last chance to dance and not to save them, I won’t get into them too much, except that there is no way Melissa or Ade belonged in the bottom tonight. (Not that Randi and Kupono did, but the other two really brought their A-game tonight) The Black Eyed Peas perform while the judges deliberate and to be honest, as much as I love them, I wish these shows would bring lesser known bands or older ones–I’d love someone to bring Fleetwood Mac or have a boy band reunion just for the fun of it. It would be a cool change of pace and probably bring back lots of cool memories for people.
Randi and Kupono are going home. They are given hugs, kisses and montages before they have to say goodbye. Best of luck to them.Tune in next week for more dancing, cool guests and eliminations on So You Think You Can Dance. Goodnight!
It’s the first elimination of the season on Dancing with the Stars. For the first time in the show’s history, the bottom two will have to dance off against one another to determine who will stay and who will have to hang up their dancing shoes.
Who’s it gonna be? Will Steve and Karina somehow miraculously stay on? Will fan favorites Melissa and Tony be in danger of going home? We’ll find out soon enough, and we’ll also be entertained by musical performances by Jewel and Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. Whatever happens, you’ll find it all right here in my live blog. Stay with me!
The live results show opens with a great performance by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, with six of our professional dancers swing dancing along. I love swing! How fun!
Now, it’s time for an update about Steve-O’s condition. He is backstage with Samantha Harris, and he explains that at the last minute, he decided to put in an ill-advised front flip, against Lacey’s advice. He had a different, safer move, but he wanted to do the flip. Well, he’s back, and nothing is broken, and if he survives tonight’s elimination, then he’ll be dancing next week.
The judges’ scores and audience votes have all been tallied from the first two weeks of performances. So far, here are the standings in the judges’ leaderboard:
1. Gilles Marini and Cheryl Burke – 51
2. Melissa Rycroft and Tony Dovolani – 49
3. Shawn Johnson and Mark Ballas – 47
4. Lil’ Kim and Derek Hough – 44
5. Chuck Wicks and Julianne Hough – 40
6. Denise Richards and Maksim Chmerkovskiy – 39
7. David Alan Grier and Kym Johnson – 36
7. Holly Madison and Dmitry Chaplin – 36
7. Lawrence Taylor and Edyta Sliwinska – 36
10. Belinda Carlisle and Jonathan Roberts – 35
11. Ty Murray and Chelsie Hightower – 34
12. Steve-O and Lacey Schwimmer – 31
13. Steve Wozniak and Karina Smirnoff – 30
So far, Gilles, Melissa, Shawn and Lil’ Kim seem safe, way at the top of the leaderboard, but because of the unpredictable voting nature of Dancing with the Stars, you really never know who’s going to go. Steve-O and Steve Wozniak occupy the two lowest rungs of the leaderboard, but they’ve both got some intense fans out there.
Each of the couples is prepared to perform one of their first two dances in case any of them land in the bottom two for the dance off.
- Dag vol muziek van KWOV - dé Weekkrant
- Leona Lewis wil niet zingen in X Factor - NU.nl
- Nile Rodgers brengt 'verloren' Chic-album uit - NU.nl
- Kinderopvang Humanitas maakt muziek voor de koning - Dichtbij.nl
- Vriendschap onderdeel van succes Toppers - NU.nl
- Twee dagen kennismaken met muziek en dans - BredaVandaag.nl
- Alcoholgebruik verpestte shows Jamie Cullum - NU.nl
- Internetsensatie Atlas Genius sluit geen compromissen - Volkskrant
- Glennis Grace heeft 'geen behoefte' aan deelname Songfestival - NU.nl
- Eindexamen muziek met Krystl - 3FM- Radio
- The American Concert in Rhenen - Veenendaalse Krant
- Gezamenlijk concert - Veenendaalse Krant
- Concert door Noortje van Middelkoop en Harm Hoeve - dé Weekkrant
- Gevarieerd concert in het UCK op 9 Juni. - dé Weekkrant
- Toppers vanavond in concert - Telegraaf.nl
- Gerard Joling geeft concert in Ziggo Dome - AD.nl
- Concert Placebo op 8 december in de Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam - Vovert.nl
- Editors voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Placebo voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Soundgarden geeft in september concert in HMH - AD.nl