Jodie Foster says she feels single and “free” since breaking up with her longtime girlfriend. The “Silence of the Lambs” star said in the current issue of UK’s Psychologies magazine that splitting from actress Cydney Bernard almost three years ago was one of the most “horrible” events in her life.
“There are three terrible things that happen to most people. One is your parents face death, the second is your kids grow up and leave you and the third is that the relationship you’ve been in forever disintegrates and you’re alone.”
Foster, who has son Charles, 12, and nine-year-old Kit with an unknown father, added that those horrible experiences should also be seen as a “sliver of opportunity” to freedom.
“I feel like you have 10 seconds to really embrace the freedom, or just get stuck. Ten seconds to take that sliver and change your life.”
The 48-year-old actress and director met Bernard on the set of the movie “Sommersby” in 1993 and were together for 14 years.
Although their relationship with Bernard was well known in Hollywood, the Academy Award-winning actress never opened about it to the public until 2007.
Foster also revealed that her mother is battling dementia and that she wants her face to be the last one her mother sees before she eventually passes away.
When asked if she would ever consider admitting her mother to a residential care facility, Foster replied, “Oh God no way. I’m going to feel good – I’m going to feel that the end honored her and that she didn’t have to lose her dignity.
“Dementia is an interesting thing. It’s the hardest thing I’ve been through and yet also strangely sacred… I’m just here to care for her. I have no axe to grind. Mine will be the last face she sees.”
Foster will appear in her self-directed Mel Gibson project “The Beaver,” the Neill Blomkamp sci-fi thriller “Elysium” and “Carnage, which is directed by Roman Polanksi, in 2012.
Jodie Foster Escapes Teen Attack Charge. Jodie Foster has been cleared of the assault charge filed by the father of an unnamed underage boy who claimed “The Accused” star attacked his son at a mall. The Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office has “declined” to prosecute the 47-year-old actress due to lack of evidence. The father of the boy filed a police report over the incident that allegedly happened on May 29. Foster apparently “pushed and shoved” his son after the teenager tried to take photos of the actress and her two children as they were leaving an L.A. mall. According to the suit, Foster “followed [the victim], poked him on his chest, [and] grabbed [the victim] by his left arm causing visible injury.” Foster denied that the boy was just a fan, claiming that he was “a professional paparazzo” who was carrying a “large camera bag and a 1000mm telephoto lens.” He also apparently “tailed the actress and her young sons from the movie theater to valet parking.” However, after the LAPD failed to get an official statement from the actress after moer than three months of investigation, it handed the case over to the D.A.’s office, which has since dropped the case, our source reports.
Jodie Foster Calls Attack Claims “Fabrication,” Family Wants Apology Not Money. Jodie Foster claims a young man’s accusations that she attacked him are a “fabrication.” The Academy Award winner claims that the 17-year-old boy was a paparazzo. According to a police report obtained by our source, Foster, 47, and her kids were watching a movie on May 29 at The Grove in Los Angeles when a young man approached her for a photo. The alleged victim’s father claims Foster came after his son and “poked him in the chest” and “pushed and shoved him leaving scratches and bruises on his arm.” Her rep explained to People, “This guy was most definitely a paparazzo. He had a large camera bag and 1000mm telephoto lens. He tailed Jodie and followed her all the way from the movie theater to the valet.” The boy allegedly followed the actress and her two young children the whole time. The rep added that the “guy’s behavior was completely inappropriate” and the police report filed by the family is “a fabrication of the incident.” However, the family told our source that they understand that “people make mistakes in the heat of the moment,” adding that they don’t want money just “an apology.” They also denied that the alleged victim was a professional paparazzo
- Moby geeft zijn muziek gratis aan filmmakers - RTL Nieuws
- Extra Gold: een weekend vol muziek - Mediapages
- C2C voelt zich meer band dan dj-collectief - NU.nl
- Johannes Rypma overhandigt Nick & Simon eerste cd - Parool.nl
- Nieuwe drummer voor Normaal - Volkskrant
- 'Love Me Do' van The Beatles 10.000 dollar waard - Volkskrant
- HiFi versus live muziek - Hifi
- . Het laatste nieuws het eerst op NU.nl - NU.nl
- Jiggy Djé nuchter over succes 'supergroep' Great Minds - NU.nl
- Armin van Buuren pakt platina in Canada - NU.nl
- Fanfareorkest Crescendo Voorthuizen geeft Try-out concert ter voorbereiding op ... - dé Weekkrant
- Concert jeugd de Harmonie - dé Weekkrant
- Klassiek concert afsluiting - dé Weekkrant
- 3 Doors Down - 17/6 - 013 - Podiuminfo.nl
- Elburger zeemanskoor "Kop van 't Ende" sluit seizoen af met een concert aan de ... - Veluweland.nl
- Vrijkaarten concert Koninklijke Militaire Kapel Johan… - Blog.nl (Blog)
- Speciaal Twitterkanaal voor Concert at Sea - Omroep Zeeland
- St. Hubert - Internationaal Concert - dé Weekkrant
- Geslaagd concert Crescendo - dé Weekkrant
- Eerste concert Big Band Ter Apel in het kader van het 10 jarig bestaan een succes - Westerwolde actueel