The two singers enjoyed spending time with one another at the Coachella music festival in Los Angeles last weekend and decided to see each other again in New York a few days later.
A source close to Usher said the pair have been friendly for a long time and have shared some “passionate kisses”.
They told The Sun newspaper: “They had a really good time together last weekend and wanted to see each other again somewhere private straight after. They’ve known each other for a long time but it’s always been bad timing.
“They’ve had a few long, passionate kisses. There’s definitely a spark between them.
“It would have been too obvious to go somewhere in LA and they were both going back to New York for work commitments.”
Earlier this year the ‘OMG’ hitmaker declared his musical interest in the ‘S&M’ star, revealing he wanted to record a duet with her.
He said: “Of course I’d do a track with her – hold on! We’ve been friends and our teams work together and we’ve talked about working together in the past, but it could potentially happen.
“I would love to work with her – I think she’s an incredible artist.”
Today’s electronic dance culture is due for a melodic transcendence from the shadowy, industrial electro that has been hammering away at the scene. As dance floors begin to buckle under such weighty beats, the Belgium-based band aptly named Aeroplane is dedicated to elevating its fans toward a higher musical space undefined by standardized genres. They reach for freedom from constraints of predictability, weaving currents of psychedelic guitars, pop keys, disco beats, catchy bass lines and melancholic waves into a singular connection of modern beat-driven music.
At the controls of Aeroplane are Stephen Fasano and Vito Deluca, a duo whose combined experience gives life and emotion to the music. Vito brings with him a producer background that pulsates the hands and heart of Aeroplane, and Stephen’s DJ roots vibrate the eyes and soul. Their unique collaboration of sound and purpose is channelling appreciation from among the biggest DJs and producers around, and the 2007 release of their first 12” entitled “Caramellas/Aeroplane” (Eskimo Recordings) has generated a jet stream of increasing momentum. Subsequent releases have kept their ring tones looping with remix requests from artists like Cobra Dukes, Das Pop, Lindström, Cut Copy, Grace Jones, MGMT, Bloc Party, and Friendly Fires. Projects like these reinforce the integration of electronic music into the omnipresent indie scene. Blends of Cosmic Nu Disco, Psychedelic, Balearic, Emo, etc. are forming a new era of musical hybrids, and explorations are officially under way. After all, machines are human too…
Florence & the Machine release new single ‘Hurricane Love’. Lungs became one of the biggest selling debut albums of 2009 and is now double platinum (600k+ sales) but Florence’s reign on the UK alternative pop scene continues apace into 2010. After a stint in the studio early in the year, there then follows a jaunt across the globe to Australia, Japan and back to Europe on tour in late January and February. Spring will bear witness to further American shows, the Miami Winter Music Conference, a bigger and better UK tour and back to sunny Palm Springs for Coachella at the end of April. ‘Hurricane Love’ is a passionate ode to losing someone you love and braving the powerful and confusing emotions of seeing them out with another, when your feelings for them are still very much still alive:
‘I’m going out, I’m gonna drink myself to death,
and in the crowd, I see you with someone else
I brace myself coz I know it’s gonna hurt
But I’d like to think, at least things can’t get any worse’
The video for ‘Hurricane…’ is being shot in Paris and a number of exciting mixes are in the pipeline to rival the all-conquering xx remix of current single ‘You’ve Got The Love’.
- Video Kanye West geprojecteerd op Stedelijk Museum - NU.nl
- Teruglezen: Malaise Free Record Shop raakt hele muziekindustrie - Volkskrant
- Opposites en De Jeugd Van Tegenwoordig op Lowlands - Parool.nl
- Internetsensatie Atlas Genius sluit geen compromissen - Volkskrant
- Het Goede Doel presenteert nieuw album - NU.nl
- Glennis Grace heeft 'geen behoefte' aan deelname Songfestival - NU.nl
- Moeder natuur kan eindexamen muziek niet stoppen - Oog TV
- Obama eert singer-songwriter Carole King - NU.nl
- Eindexamen muziek met Krystl - 3FM- Radio
- EU beschermt eigen muziek- en filmindustrie - Volkskrant
- Klassiek concert ensemble Parlando in Geldermalsen - NieuwsbladGeldermalsen.nl
- Gevarieerd concert in het UCK op 9 Juni. - dé Weekkrant
- Toppers klaar voor Arabisch concert - AD.nl
- Groot concert voor Alpe d'Huzes met Jan Vayne en Petra Berger - DeStadAmersfoort.nl
- Gerard Joling geeft concert in Ziggo Dome - Volkskrant
- Concert staat in teken jubilea - Dichtbij.nl
- Concert van Lisa Lois wordt verplaatst - Podiuminfo.nl
- Toppers in Concert 2013: Help, er is een dresscode!… - Blog.nl (Blog)
- Editors voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Concert Maroon 5 half jaar uitgesteld - 3FM- Radio