The first acts announced for the seventh Beautiful Days festival are The Pogues, Levellers, Hawkwind, The Saw Doctors , Gong, Lamb, Dreadzone, Imagined Village, Dub Pistols, Pendulum DJ’s, Cara Dillon, The King Blues, Eliza Carthy, Imelda May, Lau, Edward II, Kris Drever, John McCusker & Roddy Woomble Trio, John Smith, Sonic Boom Six, Les Truttes, Chris T-T, Jay Jay Pistolet & Ruarri Joseph
Folk-punk legends The Pogues are headlining the festival on the Saturday night featuring Andrew Ranken, Spider Stacy, James Fearnley, Jem Finer, Darryl Hunt, Philip Chevron, Terry Woods and ,of course, Shane MacGowan. Headlining the festival on the Friday night are psychedelic space rockers Hawkwind who will mark their 40th anniversary in style at Beautiful Days with a one-off laser and light spectacular. Festival founders Levellers will headline and close the festival on the Sunday night with a stunning firework finale.
Also performing are Irish punk-rock band The Saw Doctors, Gong featuring Daevid Allen, Steve Hillage, Gilli Smyth, Miquette Giraudy, Chris Taylor, Theo Travis, John McKenzie and Mike Howlett, the newly reformed Lamb, festival favourites Dreadzone, Simon Emmerson’s acclaimed musical project Imagined Village, Pendulum headlining The Little Big Top with a DJ set, Dub Pistols fronted by the infamous Barry Ashworth, Irish folk singer Cara Dillon, punk-reggae band The King Blues, acclaimed folk artist Eliza Carthy, rockabilly singer Imelda May, innovative Scottish trio Lau, roots pioneers Edward II, three of Scotland’s most successful musicians – Kris Drever, John McCusker & Roddy Woomble Trio, singer-songwriter John Smith, ska-punk band Sonic Boom Six, Les Truttes from Belgium, Chris T-T, Jay Jay Pistolet and singer-songwriter Ruarri Joseph.
There will be more confirmed acts to follow soon with the festival’s 2009 theme still to be announced.
TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW Adult weekend camping tickets are £100. Children’s ticket prices have been held again at £60 for 10 to under 16′s, £30 for 5 to under 10′s and £3 for under 5′s. Campervan passes are £30 and car routing passes which include parking are £10. All tickets are subject to booking fees. Tickets are on sale from www.levellers.co.uk, www.seetickets.com & www.artisttickets.com
Ticket information, FAQ’s, travel, disabled access, photo galleries and more from
www.beautifuldays.org / www.myspace.com/beautifuldaysfestival
UNSIGNED BANDS The first of two competitions is now open for bands to get a slot at the festival. We’ve teamed up with The Unsigned Band Review www.unsignedbandreview.com to give one unsigned band the opportunity to play this year. Go to the website to apply. The second competition for unsigned bands will be announced at the end of March.
2009 is shaping up to be a very busy year for Carter USM frontman Jim Bob. After announcing he will join Carter band mate Fruitbat to perform the first four Carter albums in full at The London Forum (13 November) and Brixton 02 Academy (14 November) he has now released details of his new solo project.
The new Jim Bob solo album Goffam will be released in April. It tells the story of a city in the grip of crime. Jim Bob says; ‘The fire station is burning and a sniper is shooting at the nurses from the hospital roof. Another teenage life ends. The cops are corrupt, incompetent, or just lonely. A beacon is sent up into the sky for help. But Goffam’s superheroes are drunk, washed up or scared.’ It’s Dark man, dark,.
Recorded live and almost live with Chris T-T and Johny Lamb, Goffam is Jim Bob’s sixth solo album. This follows the critically acclaimed School (2005) and A Humpty Dumpty Thing (2007).
The Goffam tour dates are as follows. Tickets available below:
* Special guest Tim Ten Yen
14th April: SOUTHSEA, Cellars at Eastney * 15th April: BRISTOL, Thunderbolt
16th Aprl: WELWYN, Green Room 17th April: BIRMINGHAM, The Victoria
18th April: NEWBURY, Arlington Arts Centre 19th April: WINCHESTER, The Railway
22nd April: GLASTONBURY, Tor Rugby Club * 23rd April: LINCOLN, The Library Bar
24th April: LANCASTER, Yorkshire House 25th April: YORK, Fibbers
26th April: COATBRIDGE, The Georgian Hotel 29th April: CANNOCK, Tackeroo
30th April: MANCHESTER, Lass O Gowrie 1st May: OXFORD, TBC
2nd May: LONDON, The Borderline *
- Kinderopvang Humanitas maakt muziek voor de koning - Dichtbij.nl
- Vriendschap onderdeel van succes Toppers - NU.nl
- Twee dagen kennismaken met muziek en dans - BredaVandaag.nl
- Alcoholgebruik verpestte shows Jamie Cullum - NU.nl
- Teruglezen: Malaise Free Record Shop raakt hele muziekindustrie - Volkskrant
- Internetsensatie Atlas Genius sluit geen compromissen - Volkskrant
- Glennis Grace heeft 'geen behoefte' aan deelname Songfestival - NU.nl
- Moeder natuur kan eindexamen muziek niet stoppen - Oog TV
- Eindexamen muziek met Krystl - 3FM- Radio
- EU beschermt eigen muziek- en filmindustrie - Volkskrant
- Gezamenlijk concert - Veenendaalse Krant
- Concert door Noortje van Middelkoop en Harm Hoeve - dé Weekkrant
- Klassiek concert ensemble Parlando in Geldermalsen - NieuwsbladGeldermalsen.nl
- Gevarieerd concert in het UCK op 9 Juni. - dé Weekkrant
- Toppers klaar voor Arabisch concert - AD.nl
- Groot concert voor Alpe d'Huzes met Jan Vayne en Petra Berger - DeStadAmersfoort.nl
- Gerard Joling geeft concert in Ziggo Dome - Volkskrant
- Toppers in Concert 2013: Help, er is een dresscode!… - Blog.nl (Blog)
- Editors voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Concert Maroon 5 half jaar uitgesteld - 3FM- Radio