Chris Brown just went with the flow on his hit song Look At Me Now.
The R&B singer showed off his rap skills on the track that features Lil Wayne and Busta Rhymes.
Chris spontaneously started to rap when he was recording.
‘I didn’t sing on the record at all. It just was a rap song,’ Chris told MTV News.
‘So I was like, ‘Cool, if they going with it, I’m gonna keep going.’ ‘
Chris has since collaborated with other hip hop musicians Big Sean and Wiz Khalifa on a track called Till I Die.
‘With the hip-hop and the rapping, it’s more of – I wouldn’t say [a] hobby – it’s just me expressing myself,’ he explained.
‘I’m not going to sit here and say I’m the best rapper or I’m a rapper. I’m just saying I could do it, I guess, if y’all like it.’
Till I Die was released this April as single from the Chris’ fifth studio album Fortune.
Rihanna is reportedly still ‘obsessed’ with the idea that she’s meant to be with Chris Brown.
The two stars ended their relationship after Chris assaulted Rihanna in 2009. They were seen in the same nightclubs twice over the last few weeks and it is thought that they have grown close again.
It’s been claimed Rihanna engineered both meetings as she is still hung up on her ex.
‘Rihanna has always been obsessed with Chris,’ an insider told the British edition of Grazia. ‘She’s yet to have a proper relationship with anyone since they broke up. She just can’t let go of the idea that they’re meant to be together. It’s like he has some sort of hold over her.’
Chris is still thought to be dating Karrueche Tran, although he is also said to be considering reuniting with Rihanna. Getting over Rihanna fully is struggle for Chris.
‘Chris is in two minds over what to do,’ a source said. ‘He does have feelings for Karrueche but it’s almost like there is some sort of massive pull between him and Rihanna. They have a toxic bond that neither of them seems to be about to let go. He’s absolutely mesmerised every time he sees her.’
If you caught Chris Brown’s performance on Sunday night’s Video Music Awards, he danced, he flew, but he certainly didn’t sing. This seemed to irk celeb blogger Perez Hilton, who called out the controversial star on it via Twitter.
Chris Brown hit the stage for a total dance party mash-up of not only his hits “Yeah 3x” and “Beautiful People,” but also Wu Tang Clan’s “Protect Ya Neck” and Nirvana’s “Smells Like Teen Spirit.” Perez Hilton thought Brown should have just ditched the un-used microphone.
“If you’re gonna make it all about the dancing, then GO FOR IT. But don’t insult the viewer and have a microphone and pretend to sing! #Sucks,” said Perez Hilton via tweet.
“@Chris Brown Don’t even bother with the microphone next time! #Weak” Hilton added.
Brown was quick to respond, although he was in the midst of the VMA madness. “@Perezhilton, be a happy person for one day. I know you’re mad that people actually are positive!” Brown tweeted.
Hilton responded to Brown, who’s been a controversial character as of late not only because of his 2009 domestic incident with then-girlfriend Rihanna, but his recent reported violent outbursts like at “Good Morning America.” The self-proclamed Queen of all Media even called the singer a homophobe.
“@chrisbrown, you need to look up the word positive and study! I’m not buying your bulls—! #Homophobe,” Hilton tweeted.
Ouch. We’re guessing Chris Brown, who isn’t known for taking anything sitting down, will respond to that soon too and we’re sure Hilton will either doctor up some photos of the star or, even worse, not mention him on his site at all.
- Alcoholgebruik verpestte shows Jamie Cullum - NU.nl
- Vestrock Hulst festival met niet alleen muziek - BN DeStem
- Teruglezen: Malaise Free Record Shop raakt hele muziekindustrie - Volkskrant
- Opposites en De Jeugd Van Tegenwoordig op Lowlands - Parool.nl
- Internetsensatie Atlas Genius sluit geen compromissen - Volkskrant
- Glennis Grace heeft 'geen behoefte' aan deelname Songfestival - NU.nl
- Moeder natuur kan eindexamen muziek niet stoppen - Oog TV
- Obama eert singer-songwriter Carole King - NU.nl
- Eindexamen muziek met Krystl - 3FM- Radio
- EU beschermt eigen muziek- en filmindustrie - Volkskrant
- Toppers klaar voor Arabisch concert - AD.nl
- Zondagmiddag gevarieerd concert in het ICO - dé Weekkrant
- Concert KamerOrkest - De Kaap
- Groot concert voor Alpe d'Huzes met Jan Vayne en Petra Berger - DeStadAmersfoort.nl
- Gerard Joling geeft concert in Ziggo Dome - Volkskrant
- Concert van Lisa Lois wordt verplaatst - Podiuminfo.nl
- Concert Ontmoetingskerk - DeStadGorinchem.nl
- Toppers in Concert 2013: Help, er is een dresscode!… - Blog.nl (Blog)
- Editors voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Concert Maroon 5 half jaar uitgesteld - 3FM- Radio