Leona Lewis’s incredible story continues today with the announcement of her brand new single ‘Collide’. With ‘Collide’, the record-breaking international superstar from Hackney showcases a new sound that is set to dominate dance floors across Europe this Summer.
‘Collide’, a dance-pop anthem, is a departure from Leona’s signature sound and is her first new recorded material to be heard since the release of her Number 1 album ‘Echo’ in 2009. ‘Collide’ is a massive tune with a euphoric catchy chorus. Built around a staccato piano riff ‘Collide’ builds and builds into an immense anthem. Leona’s world class vocal is instantly recognisable and is a powerful reminder as to why she has enjoyed such incredible global success to date.
Talking about ‘Collide’ Leona said: ”m excited for people to see a different side to my music. I’m a fan of so many different genres and styles. For me this song has all the great ingredients of a summer anthem. I can’t wait for my fans to hear it and to share the rest of the album.’
‘Collide’ will get its first UK radio play today on the Scott Mills show on Radio 1 – Friday 15th July – 4 – 7pm.
The ‘Collide’ package also features a remix by the hottest DJ/producer in the world right now, Afrojack (Grammy award winner, credits include US no 1 Pitbull ‘Give Me Everything’ and remixes for Madonna, Lady GaGa, Black Eyed Peas, Tinie Tempah, Snoop Dogg). In the last few days Afrojack has already road tested his remix a couple of times in Ibiza, getting great responses with audiences demanding to know who the tune is by.
Marking a new chapter for the multi-platinum selling artist, ‘Collide’ is the first track to be taken from Leona’s as yet untitled third studio album, which she is currently putting the finishing touches to, due for release in November. Leona has been working with the world’s most prestigious songwriting and production talent including Sandy Vee (Katy Perry ‘Firework’, Rihanna ‘Only Girl In The World’, David Guetta ‘Where Them Girls At’), Autumn Rowe (Alexis Jordan ‘Happiness’), Ammo (Katy Perry ‘E.T’), Jonas Quant (Hurts), Chuck Harmony (Rihanna ‘Russian Roulette’), Claude Kelly (Bruno Mars ‘Grenade’) and ‘Bleeding Love’ writer/producer, Ryan Tedder. Leona has been working with incredible UK talent including Fraser T Smith (Adele ‘Set Fire to the Rain’, Florence ‘You Got the Love’), Al Shux (Alicia Keys ‘Empire State of Mind)’, Steve Robson (James Morrison, Take That), Naughty Boy and Emeli Sande. Her previous albums ‘Spirit’ and ‘Echo’ both topped the UK album chart. More news will be announced soon.
2011 looks set to be another incredible year for Leona Lewis on what has been an incredible journey so far. let the next chapter begin.
Hawaii-born pop sensation Bruno Mars will release his new single ‘Marry You’ on August 22. Furthermore, he has announced more UK dates that’ll take place this autumn ‘ the small run of shows will kick off at London’s O2 Brixton Academy on October 23 and will include shows at Nottingham’s Capital FM Arena and Manchester’s O2 Apollo.
It’s already been a phenomenal year for Bruno Mars. His double platinum debut album ‘Doo-Wops and Hooligans’ stormed to #1 in the UK official album chart in January and all previous singles ‘ ‘Just The Way You Are’, ‘Grenade’ and ‘The Lazy Song’ ‘ also charted at number one on release!
This August will see Bruno back in the UK to play two shows at London’s Hammersmith Apollo, a night at Birmingham’s O2 Academy and V Festival, so be sure to catch his energetic live show.
16 August London Hammersmith Apollo
17 August London Hammersmith Apollo
18 August Birmingham O2 Academy
20 August Highlands V Festival
21 August Western Park V Festival
23 Oct ober London O2 Brixton Academy
1 November Nottingham Capital FM Arena
2 November Manchester O2 Apollo
Eminem made diss tracks some of his biggest hits, name-checking everyone from Mariah Carey to Michael Jackson. Now he’s taking aim at pop’s current heaviest hitters, Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber.
Only the newly leaked track “A Kiss,” off his “Hell: The Sequel” effort with Royce Da 5’9 as Bad Meets Evil, the 38-year-old rapper calls Bieber “evil” and brings up those tired old Gaga hermaphrodite rumors.
“Tell Lady Gaga she can quit her job at the post office/ She’s still a male lady,” he says on the track. “Wouldn’t f— her with her d—/ You heard it/ The verdict’s in.”
He also says “evil seeps through” 17-year-old pop star Justin Bieber, but is much nicer to Katy Perry, saying he’s “on her tail.”
The “Hell: The Sequel” EP is officially due on June 14. It’s also set to feature the single “Lighters,” with Bruno Mars.
- Treetop Flyers wil eerst Nederland dan VS veroveren - Volkskrant
- Dag van de Muziek live via de LOS - Den Helder Actueel
- Soundgarden geeft in september concert in HMH - Parool.nl
- Junkie XL maakt muziek 300: Rise of an Empire - AD.nl
- The XX serveert pure magie in Amsterdam - NU.nl
- Pia Douwes heeft nog genoeg dromen - NU.nl
- Gelredome viert leven en werk Tina Turner - NU.nl
- Doors-toetsenist Ray Manzarek (74) overleden - Volkskrant
- Anouk vindt Roemeen 'engerd' en Deense 'onaardig' - Volkskrant
- President Azerbeidzjan gelast hertelling Songfestival - Volkskrant
- Concert Maroon 5 half jaar uitgesteld - 3FM- Radio
- Ellen ten Damme geeft mini-concert in de Stadsschouwburg Amsterdam na ... - Muziek & Theater Paradijs
- Luchtmachtorkest geeft concert in Hellevoetsluis - Nieuwsbank - Nieuwsbank (persbericht) (abonnement)
- Soundgarden geeft in september concert in HMH - Parool.nl
- New Kids Concert in De Vink Schijndel - Brabants Dagblad - Brabants Dagblad
- Bryan Bijlhout op concert Pinksteren - Waterkant
- Depeche Mode annuleert concert vanwege wegblokkade - Nieuwsblad Transport
- Na dag repeteren geven jonge muzikanten een mooi concert - De Stentor - De Stentor
- Dinsdag LIVE: Exclusief Omroep Brabant-concert Guus Meeuwis - Omroep Brabant
- Leerfabriek Oisterwijk maakt zich op voor exclusief Omroep Brabant-concert ... - Omroep Brabant