Bravo Executive Vice-President and “Watch What Happens Live” host Andy Cohen has signed a book deal.
The 43-year-old, who helped make the cable network a success with hit shows like “Project Runway,” Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List” and “The Real Housewives” franchise, announced Monday that he is about to write his first book about his life experience, reports The Hollywood Reporter.
“It’ll be a memoir, of sorts, about my intersections with pop culture over the years, from growing up in front of the TV as a kid in St. Louis to my years at CBS News, all the way up to today,” Cohen said on his blog. “The stories I’ve been saving up are funny and improbable and really define who I am today.”
The executive, who is gay, will also discuss his journey towards coming to terms with his sexuality, his beginnings with CBS news as a reporter and producer, and his current position as head of original programming at Bravo.
“This is something I’ve always wanted to do and, if you’ve read this blog much over the past seven years, you know that writing is something I enjoy,” he wrote. “And, yes, I will write every word of it, I don’t know how I could settle for anything less than writing it myself. I started last weekend and have much work to do (understatement) before it comes out next summer.”
The book will be published by Henry Holt and Company, which also published actor Rob Lowe’s New York Times best-selling memoir, “Stories I Only Tell My Friends.”
The celebrity magazine reported that Cohen has received a six-figure advance for the book.
Cohen requested fans to help him decide on the memoir’s title, but jokingly provided a list of them that he will not use: “A Million Little Mazels,” “Andy!,” “Curlytop!” and “Every Which Way But Mazel!,” among others.
Stephen Rubin, Holt’s President and publisher, called Cohen is a “marketing genious” in the statement.
“What nobody knows as of yet, is that Andy is also a very seductive and compelling writer with a story to tell that will charm, shock and engage readers with its candor, honesty and wit. Andy is as irresistible on the page as he is on screen.”
Cohen’s as-yet untitled book is scheduled for summer of 2012.
If you’re looking for fashion mixed with a little drama, then Tuesday nights on Bravo are just for you. “The Rachel Zoe Project” and two new series will air each Tuesday night beginning in August.
“The Rachel Zoe Project” gets even more intimate this season as Zoe works to further her business and prepare for a baby. The designer has a new team to overlook, a brand new clothing line, and celebrity clients. On top of it all, Zoe is getting ready to welcome a very special addition into her life.
A new series, “Fashion Hunters,” focuses on style seekers who hit the streets of New York-or the closets, rather- to find the best looks. Those featured on the show work at Second Time Around, a shop that brings together great bargains and designer brands.
“Mad Fashion” features Chris March of “Project Runway.” Audiences will get a special look into March’s creative process as cameras follow him from beginning to end of making ensembles.
The shows premiere August 2 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on Bravo.
Kim Zolciak Confirms Pregnancy Rumors. “The Real Housewives of Atlanta” star Kim Zolciak is pregnant, and the show’s fans just met her baby daddy on an episode aired last week. The 32-year-old Bravo reality TV star and boyfriend Kroy Biermann, 25, finally confirmed previous reports that she is expecting her third child.
Last month, Kim denied the pregnancy report after a jealous ex-boyfriend leaked the news. She said that she was “appalled and disgusted” by the leak, “I wasn’t through my first trimester – you never know what could happen.” But now that she is three months along, she is confirming the news, telling Life & Style magazine, “I’m the happiest I’ve ever been.” This will be her third child and her first with Kroy. She has two daughters – 13-year-old Brielle and 9-year-old Ariana – from a previous relationship. Kim has been going out with Kroy since May. Kim said that she can see herself being married to Kroy but not until she’s already given birth
- Dordtenaar van de week: 'Wanneer je je verdiept in geschiedenis van muziek ... - dé Weekkrant
- Op plein twee dagen urenlang live muziek van honderden Oldenzalers - dé Weekkrant
- Handgeschreven teksten Bowie onder de hamer - Volkskrant
- Middelmatig 3 Doors Down maakt weinig indruk in 013 - NU.nl
- Jiggy Djé nuchter over succes 'supergroep' Great Minds - NU.nl
- Stones spelen ruim 2 uur op Glastonbury - Volkskrant
- Armin van Buuren pakt platina in Canada - NU.nl
- Anouk spontaan en dronken op podium bij Club Dauphine - Parool.nl
- HiFi versus live muziek - Hifi
- Miley Cyrus wil opnieuw beginnen - NU.nl
- St. Hubert - Internationaal Concert - dé Weekkrant
- Geslaagd concert Crescendo - dé Weekkrant
- Ruim zestig jonge musici spelen zondag het Rosarium Concert - Dichtbij.nl
- Concert Jack Johnson op 7 september in de Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam - Vovert.nl
- Concert van Thirty Seconds to Mars op 12 november in de Ziggo Dome ... - Vovert.nl
- Concert Queens of the Stone Age ( QOTSA ) op 26 november in Ziggo Dome ... - Vovert.nl
- Eerste concert Big Band Ter Apel in het kader van het 10 jarig bestaan een succes - Westerwolde actueel
- Communicatieaanpak Concert at SEA! - Blog.nl (Blog)
- Borrel-concert Femme Vanille op Landgoed Zonnestraal - Dichtbij.nl
- Vrijdag 21 juni Concert Veenendaals Koper Ensemble - Veenendaalse Krant