Rock superstar Lenny Kravitz has performed at venues all over the globe but on Feb. 26 he’ll stand before more that 100,000 when he plays a pre-race concert before the Daytona 500.
Kravitz, a four-time Grammy Award winner, will perform the Daytona 500 Pre-Race Show, the pre-race extravaganza — shown by FOX — leading up to the start of “The Great American Race” at Daytona International Speedway.
“Lenny Kravitz is an iconic performer and multi-talented musician – he will deliver a rousing performance prior to the start of the 54th Daytona 500,” Daytona International Speedway President Joie Chitwood III said. “Race fans will experience a first-class, heart-pounding pre-race show that will serve as the perfect prelude to what will be an historic and thrilling afternoon of NASCAR racing on the high banks of Daytona.”
He has sold more than 35 million albums and is the only musician in history to win the Grammy for best male vocals in rock music four times consecutively.
The world-renown musician will perform three songs prior to the start of the 54th annual Daytona 500 – the season-opening event in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.
Kravitz’s ninth album, Black and White America, was released in 2011 and features a mixture of funk and hard rock hits like “Stand,” “Rock Star City Life” and his new single “Push.”
After a European tour, Kravitz recently kicked off his first American outing in five years in January. The 20-city tour will wrap up in Miami on Feb. 25.
Kravitz joins a long list of stars names that have performed in the Daytona 500 Pre-Race Show that includes Tim McGraw, Keith Urban, Bon Jovi, Kelly Clarkson, Mariah Carey and Brad Paisley.
The ‘Maggie May’ hitmaker is expected to welcome his former Faces bandmate onto the stage at London’s Hyde Park towards the end of his headline set at Hard Rock Calling tomorrow to play some of their old hits.
A source told the Daily Star newspaper: “Rod’s back catalogue is huge but it will be a really special moment for his fans when Ronnie comes on.”
Meanwhile, last night’s headline band, The Killers have hinted they could debut some of their long-awaited new material alongside classic hits including’ Bones’, ‘When You Were Young’ and ‘Mr. Brightside’.
Speaking after their intimate warm-up show at London’s Scala earlier this week, drummer Ronnie Vannucci said: “Hard Rock Calling is a f***ing great show – I love that show. We’re having our cake and eating it too.
“These intimate gigs are sweaty, where everyone’s like five feet away and you can see the whites of their eyes. You really connect on a more immediate and personal level.
“But when you have 70,000 people, your gestures have to be bigger. It’s so important about being able to address a group, making a group feel as one.
“And that’s something that’s a learned thing, we’re still trying to get our heads around it. As for us playing new songs, we might have a surprise for you.”
Joining The Killers and Rod as headliners of this year’s Hard Rock Calling, Bon Jovi will top the bill tonight.
Richie Sambora is checking into rehab to regain his sobriety and for exhaustion. The Bon Jovi rocker has reportedly been drinking too much amid a busy year. The 52-year-old rocker helped his band earn more than $201 million in 2010 in tour shows. He also launched his clothing line White Trash Beautiful last year. But amid all his success, Sambora is said to have neglected himself.
“Richie recently has been drinking too much, and wants to get his life together,” a source told RadarOnline.com.
A close friend added that he “has had a busy year. I think this was a culmination of all the things that overloaded his life and finally he realized he needed to take care of himself.”
Bon Jovi is slated to play tour dates in the U.S. and in Europe in June. It is not clear how Sambora’s treatment will affect the band’s schedule.
This is not the first time Sambora has checked into rehab. He also sought treatment for alcoholism in 2007
- Kinderopvang Humanitas maakt muziek voor de koning - dé Weekkrant
- Het Goede Doel presenteert nieuw album - NU.nl
- De muziek uit... Super Mario 64 - FOK!
- Ouderen staan in de rij om te rocken - RTV Noord
- Obama eert singer-songwriter Carole King - NU.nl
- Combinatie van poëzie en muziek krijgt nieuwe kans in Breda - BN DeStem
- Tijd een minpunt op havo-examen muziek - NU.nl
- Eindexamen muziek met Krystl - 3FM- Radio
- EU beschermt eigen muziek- en filmindustrie - Volkskrant
- Muziek en Engels op achtste examendag - NU.nl
- Concert van Lisa Lois wordt verplaatst - Podiuminfo.nl
- Vocaal concert Cultuurplein Noord Veluwe - Veluweland.nl
- Concert Ontmoetingskerk - DeStadGorinchem.nl
- Toppers in Concert 2013: Help, er is een dresscode!… - Blog.nl (Blog)
- Concert in de Pauluskerk - Blog.nl (Blog)
- René Schuurmans klaar voor Toppers in Concert en zijn tienjarig jubileum - Omroep Brabant
- Editors voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Placebo voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Concert Maroon 5 half jaar uitgesteld - 3FM- Radio
- Rockband Paramore naar HMH voor concert - NU.nl