Black Eyed Peas
“I got a feeling” from reports that the Black Eyed deny rumors they are breaking up that “they don’t lie” when they say “they don’t want music” for a while.
At a launch party Monday for their video game “The Black Eyed Peas Experience” members of the group said they are not breaking up, they are simply taking a little break to focus on their own personal things.
Will.i.am told TV talk show host Ellen DeGeneres in an interview on Wednesday, that the band “always has two cycles of records and then we take a break.”
The rapper said, “When we take breaks you know, we work on side projects and get our personal stuff in order to then come back and make beautiful music.”
The band will perform their final concert in Miami on Wednesday before taking their break. Featured will be Marc Anthony, Cee Lo Green, Flo Rida, Sean Kingston and Jason Derulo.
The four band members, Taboo, Apl.de.ap, Fergie and Will.i.am, have all embarked into solo projects in addition to their music together as a group, including fragrance and shoe collections, and acting and philanthropic causes. Apl.de.ap., real name Allan Lindo, will be focusing on his duties as ambassador for education in the Philippines.
The band’s new video dance game on the Xbox 360 Kinect and Wii consoles allows gamers to learn the Black Eyed Peas dance moves while seeing their progress captured on screen.
The Black Eyed Peas have sold over 56 million records worldwide. In 2009, the group became one of only 11 artists to have simultaneously held No.1 and No. 2 spots on the Billboard Hot 100 list.
In 2010, the Black Eyed Peas were ranked 12th on the Billboards’s Decade-End Chart List and 7th in the Hot 100 Artists of the Decade.
Lady Gaga’s new single ‘Born This Way’ is the thousandth single to top the US charts. The song marks the thousandth single that has hit the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart in its 52-year history. Gaga told Billboard, ‘t is a tremendous honour. To be the 1000th no. 1 on Billboard… I would be silly not to say this is the greatest honour of my career.’
She continued, ‘ am so humbled and so honoured and overwhelmed by the reception to ‘Born This Way,’ [It] has been so life changing for me as an artist, and between Billboard and the international number ones and the radio numbers… I couldn’t be more blessed to have the fans that I have.’ The single also scored the largest opening radio airplay audience since Billboard began ranking all radio stations in 1998.
It was also the highest-selling digital single debut for a female artist, accruing 448,000 downloads, and was the third-highest digital debut behind Flo Rida’s ‘Right Round’ and Black Eyed Peas ‘Boom Boom Pow’.
Other significant artists to hold numerous number ones include: The Beatles with 20 chart-toppers, Mariah Carey with 18, and Michael Jackson with 13.
The Granddad of Darkness and the Pre-Pubescent Of Pop will appear in a Super Bowl advert together. Reuters reports that Justin Bieber, and Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne have filmed a commercial for US electronics chain Best Buy. They shot it in Los Angeles early in January but no details about the content of the advert have been revealed. Super Bowl ads have become an artform in themselves, as brands spend millions on creating them and paying for airtime to reach an audience of over 100 million. Other music megastars will appear at the game. Christina Aguilera is booked to sing the national anthem and the Black Eyed Peas will feature during the halftime show. The 2011 Super Bowl ‘ Green Bay Packers versus Pittsburgh Steelers ‘ will take place in Dallas on February 6.
- Brian May noemt The Voice 'ultieme belediging voor muziek' - NU.nl
- MS MR zijn muzikale zielsverwanten - Volkskrant
- Componist Anton aus Tirol op tragische wijze overleden - Volkskrant
- David Bowie-bassist Trevor Bolder (62) overleden - Volkskrant
- Duo Housequake heeft geen internationale ambities - NU.nl
- Schlagerzanger Michael Wendler mag zich niet meer 'Der Wendler' noemen - Volkskrant
- Will Smith werkt met Kanye aan nieuwe muziek - AD.nl
- Tour Ruth Jacott is verlengd - NU.nl
- Placebo voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Junkie XL maakt muziek 300: Rise of an Empire - AD.nl
- Editors voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Concert Jostiband voor Voedselbank Ede - Ede Stad
- Exclusief Omroep Brabant-concert Guus Meeuwis vanavond LIVE op internet, tv ... - Omroep Brabant
- Concert Jostiband met André Rieu op 6 juli - Omroep West
- Jamie Cullum verrast treinreizigers met concert - NOS
- Concert Spanjaardsgat geannuleerd door weer - BN DeStem
- Placebo voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Rockband Paramore naar HMH voor concert - NU.nl
- Soundgarden voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl
- Concert Maroon 5 uitgesteld naar januari - NU.nl