The ‘Single Ladies’ singer ‘ who will perform on the show’s Pyramid Stage as the closing act of the UK festival in Somerset, South West England, on Sunday 26 June – has been feeling anxious about the show, so has secretly rented a studio in London to put in extra rehearsals.
A source told the Daily Mirror newspaper: “Beyonce is so nervous about the gig she has booked the space for two weeks so she can perfect the set, which will include dizzying pyrotechnics. She’s literally playing with fire.
‘Her performance at Glastonbury is already looking epic. She’s been given a helping hand by Jay-Z and Kanye West who both look set to perform songs with her.’
The 29-year-old singer will also spend the fortnight with her back-up singers, dancers, sound engineers and lighting technicians as she pulls out all the stops for her performance.
Beyonce admitted earlier this year she “cannot wait” to take to the stage at the spectacle.
She said: “This really is the biggest festival in the world and I cannot wait to perform there. Everyone who attends is really appreciative of music and is in such a good mood that entire weekend.
“I’m pumped just thinking about that huge audience and soaking up their energy.”
Beyonce was last at Glastonbury in 2008 with Jay, her husband, who was headlining that year.
Beyonce has revealed the title and heaps of other details about her forthcoming fourth album.
The superstar spoke to Billboard about her fourth album, aptly titled 4.
But the chronology isn’t the only reason it got that name. She says, ‘We all have special numbers in our lives, and 4 is that for me. It’s the day I was born. My mother’s birthday, and a lot of my friends’ birthdays, are on the fourth; April 4 is my wedding date.’
She says that she had more than 60 songs recorded, inspired by everything from Fela Kuti and Earth, Wind And Fire to Adele and Prince.
She said, ‘ also gave myself more freedom to really belt out some songs, and bring soul singing back: I used a lot of the brassiness and grittiness in my voice that people hear in my live performances, but not necessarily on my records.’
Beyonce also spoke about visiting Disneyland, dropping her father as a manager, her upcoming turn in the A Star Is Born remake, and her ‘risky’ new sound on the ‘Run The World (Girls)’ single.
4 is set to be released later in the year.
Beyonce was so moved with the demise of Osama bin Laden this week that she has rush-released the celebratory single ‘God Bless The USA’. Beyonce and songwriter Lee Greenwood are donating proceeds from the song to the New York Police & Fire Widows & Children’s Benefit Fund, the very people whose lives were turned upside down by the terrorist.
“I cannot think about anything more appropriate to do to help these families,” she said in a statement. “Almost ten years later, it is still so painful for all Americans, especially those who lost loved ones.”
Beyonce was one of the artists who performed at the Answer The Call concert at Madison Square Garden on September 11, 2009.
“On behalf of New York Police & Fire Widows’ & Children’s Benefit Fund’s Board of Directors and the families of our fallen heroes, we are truly grateful for Beyonce’s choice to support our charity and ‘answer the call’,” said Stephen J. Dannhauser, Chairman of the New York Police & Fire Widows’ & Children’s Benefit Fund.
Beyonce ‘God Bless The USA’ is available now through iTunes.
- Hoe groot zijn Anouks kansen? - Volkskrant
- Muziek zien in kleur? Iedereen kan het en ziet dezelfde kleuren - Scientias.nl
- Depeche Mode annuleert concert vanwege wegblokkade - NU.nl
- Anouk op achtste plaats bij wedkantoor - Volkskrant
- Voortbestaan feestorganisator UDC 'twijfelachtig' - NU.nl
- Mikal Cronin blikvanger op Le Guess Who? - Volkskrant
- Gotye: is de muziek op? - EditieNL
- TROS wil 'niets liever' dan Anouk als winnares Songfestival - NU.nl
- Anouk als dertiende in finale Songfestival - NU.nl
- Slayer nodigt fans uit voor gratis eerbetoon - NU.nl
- Concert met cello en orgel - Dichtbij.nl
- Depeche Mode blaast concert af vanwege blokkade Bulgaarse ... - Transport Online
- Afwisselend concert in Pnielkerk in Veenendaal - dé Weekkrant
- Concert met Martin Brand - dé Weekkrant
- Twee koren in concert - CulemborgseCourant.nl
- Depeche Mode annuleert concert - Telegraaf.nl
- Nieuwe concert-app tegen telefoonopnames - SpitsNieuws
- Frank Ocean voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl
- Concert voor en met Vroege Vogels - De Stentor - De Stentor
- Beyoncé haalt concert België eind van de maand in - NU.nl