The 69-year-old musical legend was granted permission to give the concert at the Worker’s Gymnasium in central Beijing after having his music vetted by censors, though some of his more well-known protest songs – including ‘The Times They Are A-Changin” and ‘Blowin’ In The Wind’ – were dropped from his set so as not to offend the country’s communist government.
However, the two-hour performance saw the 5,000-strong crowd entertained by the folk singer’s classic tracks, including ‘Like a Rolling Stone’, ‘Ballad of a Thin Man’ and ‘Highway 61 Revisited’.
Audience member Zhang Tian told Billboard.com: “I was a little disappointed that he didn’t sing many of his songs because of the politics. What is the government so afraid of?”
However, the singer’s appearance impressed other fans.
Yin Yang said: “I know his songs from karaoke, but I’m really not that familiar with him. I think this was a historic concert and I’m glad I’ve seen him.”
The performance comes after Bob was refused permission to perform by China’s Culture Ministry – who must approve every concert that takes place in the country -last year.
Dylan will perform in Shanghai and Hong Kong next week as part of a tour marking 50 years since his first major live performance.
Bob Dylan’s China setlist:
‘Gonna Change My Way Of Thinking’
‘It’s All Over Now, Baby Blue’
‘Beyond The Horizon’
‘Tangled Up In Blue’
‘Honest With Me’
‘Simple Twist Of Fate’
‘Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum’
‘Rollin’ And Tumblin’
‘A Hard Rain’s A-Gonna Fall’
‘Highway 61 Revisited’
‘Spirit On The Water’
‘Thunder On The Mountain’
‘Ballad Of A Thin Man’
‘Like A Rolling Stone’
‘All Along The Watchtower’
Eagles to play their first ever China gigs. Eagles ‘Long Road Out Of Eden’ tour will continue is long run into 2011 with dates announce for the band’s first ever Eagles will play Shanghai and Beijing in March. Eagles guitarist Joe Walsh is looking forward to the shows. He has never been to China. ‘We are going to China and I have no idea what to expect,’ Joe tells undercover.fm. ‘ am really looking forward to that. We are playing Beijing’.Having never been there, he has know idea how the audience will react to the Eagles. ‘ have no idea what to expect,’ he says. ‘ don’t know it they are going sit there and look at us, or clap or if they will know any of the words. We will just go and play and an Eagles concert like we do and see what happens’. He might even change things around for the China show. He might even sing his signature tune ‘Life’s Been Good’ in Chinese. ‘ should actually get that interpreted into Chinese and sing it in Chinese. I wonder what that would sound like?’Dates for Eagles in China are:Shanghai: Wed 9 March – Mercedes-Benz Arena and Beijing: Sat 12 March – Wukesong Arena
On Red Ribbon Award calls for nominations to honour community leadership and action on AIDSthis year’s World AIDS Day the UNAIDS family and the XVIII International AIDS Conference (AIDS 2010) are announcing a global call for nominations for the 2010 Red Ribbon Award. The Award honours community-based organisations for their contributions in responding to the AIDS epidemic. The call has been made on World AIDS Day as people around the world come together in global solidarity for people living with HIV. This year’s theme is Continue reading
- Denemarken wint Songfestival, Anouk negende - Volkskrant
- Gitaar Beatles geveild voor 400.000 dollar - Parool.nl
- Songfestival: de top 5 op een rijtje - Volkskrant
- ABBA haalt plaatverkoop The Beatles in - NU.nl
- Waarom blijft dat liedje van Anouk zo hangen? - Volkskrant
- Madese tent bol van muziek - BN DeStem - BN DeStem
- 013, of: mag de muziek wat zachter? - Brabants Dagblad - Brabants Dagblad
- Justin Bieber verbreekt record Candle In The Wind - NU.nl
- Hoe groot zijn Anouks kansen? - Volkskrant
- "Muziek laat Syrische kinderen weer stralen" - NOS
- Succesvol concert regionale Pluskoor Gelderse Vallei - dé Weekkrant
- Concert voor vroege vogels - Ede Stad
- Zangeres Pearl Jozefzoon te gast op Concert in Harmony - Stellingwerf
- Concert: Moss + Stuart Mavis, Leeuwarden, Asteriks - FOK!
- Choral Music Projects geeft groot concert op 8 juni in Plantagekerk - HetKontaktVeluwsNieuwsblad.nl
- Afwisselend concert in Pnielkerk in Veenendaal - dé Weekkrant
- Depeche Mode annuleert concert vanwege wegblokkade - NU.nl
- Frank Ocean voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl
- 20e concert in de serie Componistenportretten: - Dichtbij.nl
- Bryan Adams voor intiem concert naar Nederland - Telegraaf.nl