Whoopi Goldberg talks pet peeves during one-night show in Miami. Whoopi Goldberg has a lot of things bugging her these days, and she can’t wait to tell it to her fans when she hits the stage for a one-night performance in Miami.
“The View” co-host is in South Florida Saturday to rant about her pet peeves: awkward elevator rides, nosy neighbors and smelly airplane passengers, reports The Miami Herald. When asked what her fans can expect from her show, the comedian and actress said, “I’ve never done stand-up, so I hope they aren’t expecting that. My shows are like snowflakes — no two are ever alike. I just talk about things that are bugging me or that I find odd, which is quite a lot these days.” Goldberg, whose real name is Caryn Elaine Johnson, will also be signing her new book, “Is It Just Me? Or Is It Nuts Out There?,” at a local bookstore before hitting the stage later at the Adrienne Arsht Center.If television talk show host, author, actress and top-selling performer weren’t enough, the 55-year-old grandmother of three is adding Broadway producer to her repertoire, Goldberg has produced the London musical “Sister Act,” based on the 1992 film about a Las Vegas lounge singer who finds herself shaking up in a convent with nuns. She played the role of Mother Superior for several shows during its premiere last October. The successful musical is coming to New York City in the Spring of this year, along with international productions in Australia, Mexico, Japan, South Korea, Italy, France and Spain soon after. So how does Goldberg juggle it all? “Is there really a choice? You do what you need to do and keep it moving forward,” she told the newspaper. “Always forward.”
Calvin Harris to quit live music. The Scottish dance producer says that he won’t play live anymore because ”m not a singer’. In an interview with Melbourne’s Herald Sun, Harris said that hitting the stage to front a band is ‘terrifying’. Harrris said he came to be a performer almost by accident, ‘the live show had to happen, I had to be the frontman because I was doing the vocals on the songs. It went all right. I spent a few years trying to get it really properly good but it dawned on me it wasn’t going to get much better. I’ve taken the singing thing as far as I can.’ He says he won’t miss it, ”m not a singer. I’m not trained. Taking it onto the stage in front of people was terrifying. I got much, much better at it but I never lost the terror.’ The disco pop producer also said that he’s working on new material, but will probably release individual songs rather than a full album. He’ll be visiting Australia for the second time this year, doing DJ sets at the Stereosonic festival in December.
The Charlatans prepare to release their new single ‘Your Pure Soul’. Following the success of the release of their eleventh album and a sold-out UK tour, The Charlatans prepare to release their new single ‘Your Pure Soul’. The track will be released on November 29th 2011 on Frink Recordings through Cooking Vinyl. Despite proving to be a tough year for the band – drummer Jon Brookes collapsed on stage during a gig on tour in the US and was subsequently diagnosed with a brain tumour – The Charlatans have again found the strength to carry on and keep doing what they do best, making and playing music. ‘Your Pure Soul’ is taken from their Youth produced eleventh studio album ‘Who We Touch’, released in September this year. During the summer festivals and the band’s own UK dates the track proved to be a live favourite. The Charlatansare currently on tour in Australia and the Far East with The Verve’s Pete Salisbury as temporary replacement for Jon whilst he undergoes treatment. More UK dates are currently being planned, details to be announced soon.
- Dag vol muziek van KWOV - dé Weekkrant
- Leona Lewis wil niet zingen in X Factor - NU.nl
- Nile Rodgers brengt 'verloren' Chic-album uit - NU.nl
- Kinderopvang Humanitas maakt muziek voor de koning - Dichtbij.nl
- Vriendschap onderdeel van succes Toppers - NU.nl
- Twee dagen kennismaken met muziek en dans - BredaVandaag.nl
- Alcoholgebruik verpestte shows Jamie Cullum - NU.nl
- Internetsensatie Atlas Genius sluit geen compromissen - Volkskrant
- Glennis Grace heeft 'geen behoefte' aan deelname Songfestival - NU.nl
- Eindexamen muziek met Krystl - 3FM- Radio
- The American Concert in Rhenen - Veenendaalse Krant
- Gezamenlijk concert - Veenendaalse Krant
- Concert door Noortje van Middelkoop en Harm Hoeve - dé Weekkrant
- Gevarieerd concert in het UCK op 9 Juni. - dé Weekkrant
- Toppers vanavond in concert - Telegraaf.nl
- Gerard Joling geeft concert in Ziggo Dome - AD.nl
- Concert Placebo op 8 december in de Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam - Vovert.nl
- Editors voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Placebo voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Soundgarden geeft in september concert in HMH - AD.nl