Ashton Kutcher has officially signed up to replace Charlie Sheen in ‘Two and a Half Men’ – but will earn less than his predecessor.
The ‘No Strings Attached’ star will take home more than $625,000 but less than $900,000 an episode compared to the $1.25 million per show Charlie was banking before he was fired from the comedy series because of his turbulent private life.
According to gossip website TMZ, CBS boss Les Moonves has reportedly signed the deal to get Ashton on board and will soon announce the show will be rebooted for season nine.
It has also been confirmed Ashton will not be replacing Charlie’s character Charlie Harper, but will be portraying someone new.
In addition, Jon Cryer – who Charlie branded a “troll” upon his departure – and Angus T. Jones will also be returning.
The show’s creator Chuck Lorre has been reported to be “really happy” with the decision to get Ashton on board.
A source said: “It’s really funny. People are going to love it. Chuck’s really happy.”
A host of actors including Woody Harrelson, Jeremy Piven and Rob Lowe had all been tipped to take Charlie’s place in the series.
JLS are set to star in their own movie. The UK boy band have reportedly signed up to star in a 3-D adventure, following in the footsteps of the Beatles and The Spice Girls, who both went from pop acts to musical movie stars during their careers. A source close to the ‘Beat Again’ band told The Sun newspaper: ‘The boys are keen to do a movie, it’s the next logical step. “JLS have a huge fanbase who are bound to lap this up and see the film over and over again in the cinema, as well as buying it when it comes out on DVD. The lads can’t wait to start shooting.”The JLS film will see the band ‘ made up of Marvin Humes, Aston Merrygold, Oritse Williams and Jonathan ‘JB’ Gill – playing versions of themselves, and will include a number of dancing and singing routines. The as-yet-untitled film will reportedly be aimed at younger fans of the group, although no details as to the storyline have been confirmed at present. Last summer it was reported the ‘Love You More’ singers had been offered a part in movie ‘New Year’s Eve’, after a successful trip to the US. The film is a sequel to ‘Valentine’s Day’ which starred big names including Julia Roberts, Ashton Kutcher and Taylor Lautner. The band are also set to star in their own TV show, a one off programme entitled ‘This is JLS’, which will feature a series of sketches and hidden camera stunts showing the group’s funny side, as well as live performances in front of a studio audience. In a joint statement, the group ‘ who shot to fame after competing on UK TV talent show ‘The X Factor’ in 2008 – said: “It will be a real celebration of everything that has happened to us in the last two years. It’s going to be a great night!”
Justin Bieber wants Robert Pattinson to be his ‘wingman’. Justin Bieber wants Robert Pattinson to be his ‘wingman’ and help him pick up girls on nights out. The teenage pop star ‘ who is rumoured to be dating 16-year-old Jasmine Villegas, who co-starred in his ‘Baby’ music video ‘ is keen for the ‘Twilight’ heartthrob to go out with him because he thinks they would be an unstoppable flirting force. Justin said: ‘ love talking to girls and going on dates. My ideal wingman would be Robert Pattinson. We should go to a few showbiz parties and see what happens. He landed back in Los Angeles last week, so maybe we can go and work some of the magic.’ The 16-year-old singer has already been working on some pick-up lines he and 24-year-old Robert – who is currently dating his ‘Twilight’ co-star Kristen Stewart – could use on girls. Justin told the Daily Mirror newspaper: ‘Robert says his hair is a great ice-breaker so maybe we can go up to girls and be like, ‘Do you wanna touch our hair?’ How about that for an opening line?’ The Canadian-born star also revealed he has a fondness for British girls and is hoping Robert, who was born and raised in London, can give him some tips. He said: ‘The girls go crazy for him over here but I have a big thing for English girls so maybe we could hit a couple of parties in London as well.’ Meanwhile, Justin has been tipped to host a new version of ‘Punk’d’. According to reports, MTV is bringing back the hidden camera show which sees celebrities get pranked and Justin is in negotiations to take over from previous host Ashton Kutcher, who quit in 2007. Justin is quickly making a name for himself as a prankster.
- Doors-toetsenist Ray Manzarek (74) overleden - Volkskrant
- Anouk vindt Roemeen 'engerd' en Deense 'onaardig' - Parool.nl
- President Azerbeidzjan gelast hertelling Songfestival - Volkskrant
- 'Miley en Justin maken samen muziek' - Shownieuws
- Jared Leto wil niet op zelfde voet verder gaan - NU.nl
- Concert Maroon 5 uitgesteld naar januari - NU.nl
- Taylor Swift grote winnaar bij Billboard Awards - Volkskrant
- Prestigieuze muziekprijs voor Usher - NU.nl
- Eerste Pinksterdag in Brabant: rommelmarkt, muziek en veldslagen - Omroep Brabant
- Zanger Daft Punk-hit overleden - NU.nl
- Bryan Bijlhout op concert Pinksteren - Waterkant
- Toon Hagen geeft concert op Meere-orgel - Veluweland.nl
- Depeche Mode annuleert concert vanwege wegblokkade - Nieuwsblad Transport
- Na dag repeteren geven jonge muzikanten een mooi concert - De Stentor - De Stentor
- Concert Maroon 5 uitgesteld naar januari - NU.nl
- Leerfabriek Oisterwijk maakt zich op voor exclusief Omroep Brabant-concert ... - Omroep Brabant
- Coevorder Accordeonorkest verzorgt prima concert - coevordenhuisaanhuis.nl
- Frank Ocean voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl
- Beyoncé haalt concert België eind van de maand in - NU.nl
- Bryan Adams voor intiem concert naar Nederland - Telegraaf.nl