“I got a feeling” from reports that the Black Eyed deny rumors they are breaking up that “they don’t lie” when they say “they don’t want music” for a while.
At a launch party Monday for their video game “The Black Eyed Peas Experience” members of the group said they are not breaking up, they are simply taking a little break to focus on their own personal things.
Will.i.am told TV talk show host Ellen DeGeneres in an interview on Wednesday, that the band “always has two cycles of records and then we take a break.”
The rapper said, “When we take breaks you know, we work on side projects and get our personal stuff in order to then come back and make beautiful music.”
The band will perform their final concert in Miami on Wednesday before taking their break. Featured will be Marc Anthony, Cee Lo Green, Flo Rida, Sean Kingston and Jason Derulo.
The four band members, Taboo, Apl.de.ap, Fergie and Will.i.am, have all embarked into solo projects in addition to their music together as a group, including fragrance and shoe collections, and acting and philanthropic causes. Apl.de.ap., real name Allan Lindo, will be focusing on his duties as ambassador for education in the Philippines.
The band’s new video dance game on the Xbox 360 Kinect and Wii consoles allows gamers to learn the Black Eyed Peas dance moves while seeing their progress captured on screen.
The Black Eyed Peas have sold over 56 million records worldwide. In 2009, the group became one of only 11 artists to have simultaneously held No.1 and No. 2 spots on the Billboard Hot 100 list.
In 2010, the Black Eyed Peas were ranked 12th on the Billboards’s Decade-End Chart List and 7th in the Hot 100 Artists of the Decade.
After six years of marriage, Demi Moore, 49, announced Thursday that she is ending her marriage to 33-year old Ashton Kutcher.
The news is not a great surprise to many. The announcement comes after months of rumors that the couple has been having marital problems. Some speculated that Kutcher, the new star of “Six and a Half Men,” had been unfaithful.
In a statement, Moore said, “It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that I have decided to end my six-year marriage to Ashton. As a woman, a mother and a wife there are certain values and vows that I hold sacred, and it is in this spirit that I have chosen to move forward with my life. This is a trying time for me and my family, and so I would ask for the same compassion and privacy that you would give to anyone gong through a similar situation.”
Ashton tweeted, “Marriage is one of the most difficult things in the world and unfortunately sometimes they fail. Love and Light, AK.”
Moore was previously married to Bruce Willis. They have three daughters together, Rumor, Scout and Tallulah Belle. The two divorced in 2000.
The New York Post estimates the coupe will battle it out in a bitter $290 million divorce.
It looks like all you have to do is insult people, step on toes and ruffle a few feathers to get a returning gig on the Golden Globes. Ricky Gervias will return to host the 2012 Golden Globes for a third time despite the comedian’s stint in 2011 described as “totally unacceptable” by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association.
In his 2011 turn, the British comedian fired barbs at Charlie Sheen, Bruce Willis, Johnny Depp, Angelina Jolie, Tom Cruise and others. The creator of the TV show “The Office” made it quite clear that he did not expect to be invited back.
After learning of his reappointment Wednesday night, Gervias tweeted that he had asked Oscars host Billy Crystal not to use all his best Holocaust and pedophilia jokes before he has a chance to deliver them. Gervais added “It’s gonna be biblical!”
Gervais may have upset some celebrities and members of the HFPA, but he also received enthusiastic backing from NBC, which screens the Golden Globe ceremony.
While Gervais’ 2011 performance was deemed controversial, it was also judged by critics to be a success.
The 69th annual Golden Globes awards will be held on Jan.15 at the Beverly Hills Hotel in Los Angeles.
- Doors-toetsenist Ray Manzarek (74) overleden - Volkskrant
- Anouk vindt Roemeen 'engerd' en Deense 'onaardig' - Parool.nl
- President Azerbeidzjan gelast hertelling Songfestival - Volkskrant
- 'Miley en Justin maken samen muziek' - Shownieuws
- Jared Leto wil niet op zelfde voet verder gaan - NU.nl
- Concert Maroon 5 uitgesteld naar januari - NU.nl
- Taylor Swift grote winnaar bij Billboard Awards - Volkskrant
- Prestigieuze muziekprijs voor Usher - NU.nl
- Eerste Pinksterdag in Brabant: rommelmarkt, muziek en veldslagen - Omroep Brabant
- Zanger Daft Punk-hit overleden - NU.nl
- Bryan Bijlhout op concert Pinksteren - Waterkant
- Toon Hagen geeft concert op Meere-orgel - Veluweland.nl
- Depeche Mode annuleert concert vanwege wegblokkade - Nieuwsblad Transport
- Na dag repeteren geven jonge muzikanten een mooi concert - De Stentor - De Stentor
- Concert Maroon 5 uitgesteld naar januari - NU.nl
- Leerfabriek Oisterwijk maakt zich op voor exclusief Omroep Brabant-concert ... - Omroep Brabant
- Coevorder Accordeonorkest verzorgt prima concert - coevordenhuisaanhuis.nl
- Frank Ocean voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl
- Beyoncé haalt concert België eind van de maand in - NU.nl
- Bryan Adams voor intiem concert naar Nederland - Telegraaf.nl