GUINNESSÂ®, the world’s best selling stout, today unveiled plans for its third annual global Arthur’s Day’. The date will be marked by a series of high-profile music events and celebrations in 40countries around the world to honour the remarkable life and legacy of Arthur Guinness-the legendary philanthropist and founder of GUINNESSÂ®. It’s a unique celebration with substance that directly benefits the Arthur Guinness Fund’ which supports social entrepreneurs in communities around the world.
Following the huge success of last year’s celebrations, a worldwide ‘toast to Arthur’ will start in Ireland at exactly 17:59 on Thursday 22rd September; honouring the date Arthur Guinness signed the lease on the St. James’ Gate Brewery (in 1759) and introduced GUINNESSÂ® to the world.
The toast will launch a jam-packed night of live music performances taking place all across the world, starting in Dublin, Ireland. As clocks strike 17:59 locally around the world, countries including Italy, Germany, France, Spain, Caribbean nations, Malaysia, Indonesia, Australia, Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong, and South Korea will join the celebrations. In Ireland, the festivities have grown to include the four cities of Dublin, Cork, Limerick, and Belfast in Northern Ireland.
Among the globally renowned stars to perform are SCISSOR SISTERS, Stereophonics, Aloe Blacc, Calvin Harris and Ed Sheeran who will be kick-starting the celebrations. GUINNESSÂ® is also looking to identify new and emerging bands with the once-in-a-lifetime chance to perform at an Arthur’s Day’ celebration.
The annual Arthur’s Day’celebrations directly benefit the Arthur Guinness Fund’, which identifies and supports social entrepreneurs aiming to make positive changes in their communities such as helping bereaved families in Europe, or reducing harmful waste in deprived areas of Africa. The aim of the fund is to create a self-sustaining movement for grass-roots social entrepreneurship in the markets where GUINNESSÂ® operates and inspire a generation of potential change makers.
The first instalment of acts being announced also includes:
Cashier No. 9
The Kanyu Tree
The Lowly Knights
A Plastic Rose
The Arthur’s Day’ celebration was set up in 2009 to coincide with the 250th anniversary of the signing of the original lease at St. James’s Gate.
Taking place over the bank holiday on April 29th to 1st May 2011 with none other than Leeds’ own Pulled Apart by Horses, The Duke Spirit and Anna Calvi being the first of many bands to be announced and more to come over the next few weeks.
In its fifth year, Live at Leeds has quickly become an institution in the Leeds calendar taking place in 11 venues. This year we welcome the O2 Academy to the vast array of venues including The Brudenell Social Club, The Cockpit, Leeds Metropolitan University, Leeds University, Nation of Shopkeepers, Holy Trinity Church, The Well and The Faversham.
The Unconference will happen on Friday 29th April which will feature guest speakers which is being organized in partnership with Leeds University and Leeds Metropolitan University. Saturday sees the multi-venue wristband event and Sunday details are to be announced soon.
The first wave of Live At Leeds 2011 bands;
Pulled Apart By Horses, Anna Calvi, The Duke Spirit, Aloe Blacc, Young Knives, Slow Club, Cocknbullkid, The Chapman Family, The Whip, Kassidy, Trophy Wife, Spark, Tribes, Fixers, Yaaks, Cloud Control, Swimming, Kong, Dutch Uncles, Cosmo Jarvis, Katzenjammer, Lanterns on the Lake, Cloud Control, 2:54, Gabrielle Aplin, All The Young, The Lines, Marcus Foster, Still Corners, Starlings, Young Legionnaire, Various Cruelties, Findlay, Films, Sissy and the Blisters, Polarsets, Foreign Office, Tall Ships, Stalking Horse, These Monsters, Wot Gorilla?, Castrovalva, Double Muscle, Aviaries, Love at Death Beach, Hail Animator, Sam Airey, Maggie8, Circles, Soul Circus, Little Parades, Milk White White Teeth, Club Smith, Runaround Kids, Insect Guide, Blacklisters, Loose Talk Costs Lives, Escort Knights, Yonderboy, Just Handshake’s We’re British, Honour Before Glory, Blood Oranges, Adult Jazz and Arthur Rigby and the Baskervylles plus more artists and special guests to be announced over the next few weeks.
- Dag vol muziek van KWOV - dé Weekkrant
- Leona Lewis wil niet zingen in X Factor - NU.nl
- Kinderopvang Humanitas maakt muziek voor de koning - Dichtbij.nl
- Vriendschap onderdeel van succes Toppers - NU.nl
- Twee dagen kennismaken met muziek en dans - BredaVandaag.nl
- Alcoholgebruik verpestte shows Jamie Cullum - NU.nl
- Teruglezen: Malaise Free Record Shop raakt hele muziekindustrie - Volkskrant
- Internetsensatie Atlas Genius sluit geen compromissen - Volkskrant
- Glennis Grace heeft 'geen behoefte' aan deelname Songfestival - NU.nl
- Eindexamen muziek met Krystl - 3FM- Radio
- The American Concert in Rhenen - Veenendaalse Krant
- Gezamenlijk concert - Veenendaalse Krant
- Concert door Noortje van Middelkoop en Harm Hoeve - dé Weekkrant
- Klassiek concert ensemble Parlando in Geldermalsen - NieuwsbladGeldermalsen.nl
- Gevarieerd concert in het UCK op 9 Juni. - dé Weekkrant
- Toppers klaar voor Arabisch concert - AD.nl
- Gerard Joling geeft concert in Ziggo Dome - Volkskrant
- Editors voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Concert Maroon 5 half jaar uitgesteld - 3FM- Radio
- Rockband Paramore naar HMH voor concert - NU.nl