Album and Single Releases
On January 29th 2012, British rock institution Feeder return with new single ‘Borders’, which will be followed by ‘Generation Freakshow’ their 8th studio album on March 26th.
A classic and invigorating rock anthem dedicated to freedom and escape, ‘Borders’ is bolstered with Feeder’s trademark; irrepressible choruses and huge tidal wave guitars. Released across limited edition CD single, 7′ vinyl and retro cassette, all formats feature new and previously unreleased b-sides.
Feeder’s last, heavily-praised album ‘Renegades’ saw the band reinvigorated by recording and releasing on their own imprint – Big Teeth Music, free from the constraints of a major label. This refreshing set of working conditions resulted in a return to their earlier, more raw and heavy days.
Following up, ‘Borders’ marks an amalgamation of the best bits of Feeders’ various aural incarnations over the years which sees the band at a vital, energised and passionate new peak.
Following 25 hit singles, 5 million record sales and a double platinum singles collection, the Feeder juggernaut thunders on, with no intention of slowing down.
January 30th Lemon Grove, Exeter
January 31st Koko, London
February 2nd Kasbah, Coventry
February 3rd Ironworks, Inverness
Feeder are Grant Nicholas and Taka Hirose.
Trinity College London has today revealed details of its eagerly awaited Rock & Pop syllabus available from January 2012, with information about the graded song-lists, song books and exam structure online at www.trinityrock.com from 14 December 2011.
This new syllabus for Rock & Pop has been designed to reflect the diverse and often creative ways that rock & pop musicians learn, and is suitable for students of all ages and abilitites. Whether they are self-taught or taking lessons, learning for fun or heading for a career in the music industry, these new exams for guitar, bass, drums, vocals and keyboards will help musicians develop valuable playing skills and achieve their musical ambitions. Extensive graded song-lists range from the classics to recent releases including the Rolling Stones, David Bowie, the Kinks, Kings of Leon, Radiohead, Muse, Rihanna, Jessie J and many more.
Song-lists have been revealed as well as the first glimpse of the song books available from January 2012, including some sample audio and sheet music. The books will include six songs for each grade (Initial to Grade 8) with professionally recorded backing and demo tracks, helpful background notes and performance hints and tips. The first tranche of early grade books will be on sale from late January 2012 in-store and online via the new Rock & Pop download store. The release of the books and online downloads for the later grades will swiftly follow during the first half of 2012.
A team of experienced musicians worked on the arrangements and audio tracks including Ben Hillyard on bass, George Double on drums, Tom Fleming on guitar, Oliver Weeks on keyboards and Alison Symons, Bo Walton and Brendan Reilly on vocals. The tracks were recorded at The Limehouse Studios in London and mixed and mastered by music producer, session musician and performing guitarist Tom Fleming.
Trinity College London’s Rock & Pop syllabus and supporting publications have been devised and produced in association with Faber Music and Peters Edition London.
For more details about Rock & Pop exams including the song-lists, exam structure, details about Session Skills and entering for an exam visit www.trinityrock.com. The Rock & Pop brochure is available to download from the website and you can register your interest to be kept up to date with Rock & Pop news. You can also join Rock & Pop on Facebook and Twitter to keep up with all of the latest Rock & Pop news, reviews, debates and learning hints and tips. @Trinity_Rock, www.trinityrock.com/facebook.
Kautzman manages to evade the clichés of the singer/songwriter genre despite keeping elements such as the plaintive strumming of a lonely acoustic or vocals that are forcefully and heartrendingly aching. Although drawing from a multitude of influences to create her own sound and atmosphere, Kautzman’s music has been said to flow in a similar vein as that of Feist, Sharon Van Etten and Neko Case.
Shredded Eagle, Sad Tambourine was released earlier this Fall, and is available on:
- her Bandcamp page, http://tessakautzman.bandcamp.com/
- and on iTunes, http://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/tessa-kautzman/id467961974?ign-mpt=uo%3D4
Fans can follow Tessa on Facebook, here: http://www.facebook.com/TessaKautzman
- Denemarken wint Songfestival, Anouk negende - Volkskrant
- Waarom blijft dat liedje van Anouk zo hangen? - Volkskrant
- Muziek Zee 25 en 27 mei in Hoek van Hollland - Dichtbij.nl
- Madese tent bol van muziek - BN DeStem - BN DeStem
- 013, of: mag de muziek wat zachter? - Brabants Dagblad - Brabants Dagblad
- Justin Bieber verbreekt record Candle In The Wind - NU.nl
- Hoe groot zijn Anouks kansen? - Volkskrant
- "Muziek laat Syrische kinderen weer stralen" - NOS
- Muziek zien in kleur? Iedereen kan het en ziet dezelfde kleuren - Scientias.nl
- Voortbestaan feestorganisator UDC 'twijfelachtig' - NU.nl
- Concert voor vroege vogels - Ede Stad
- Zangeres Pearl Jozefzoon te gast op Concert in Harmony - Stellingwerf
- Concert: Moss + Stuart Mavis, Leeuwarden, Asteriks - FOK!
- Choral Music Projects geeft groot concert op 8 juni in Plantagekerk - HetKontaktVeluwsNieuwsblad.nl
- Afwisselend concert in Pnielkerk in Veenendaal - dé Weekkrant
- Twee koren in concert - CulemborgseCourant.nl
- Depeche Mode annuleert concert vanwege wegblokkade - NU.nl
- Nieuwe concert-app tegen telefoonopnames - SpitsNieuws
- Frank Ocean voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl
- Beyoncé haalt concert België eind van de maand in - NU.nl