Nicki Minaj forced to pay fine after explicit performance in
If Nicki Minaj has to keep putting this kind of money in a swear jar, let’s hope she’s earning big bucks touring with Britney Spears and with her music. After a recent performance in Jamaica, Minaj had to pony up $1,000.
At a performance at Reggae Sumfest 2011 in Montego Bay, Jamaica, Nicki’s explicit lyrics and “sexually suggestive dance moves” during her headlining set caused her to receive a summons from police.
According to the Jamaica Observer, she received the summons as she exited the Catherine Hall Entertainment Complex, but didn’t fight it. She pleaded guilty and paid the fine of $1,000.
She made no mention of it during her tweets after the show, which means it must not have been too much sweat off her back.
“OMG!!! I swear I just had the TIME of my LIFE @ ReggaeSumFest in JAMAICA!!!! Jamaica I fell in love tonite! WOWWW!!!!” Minaj tweeted after the show.
Luckily, her stage pal Spears wasn’t Minaj’s set with her or she definitely would’ve been guilty of those “sexually suggestive dance moves.” And Minaj’s set would have been real short had she cut out the explicit stuff (one song is entirely about defecating on people).
But Minaj couldn’t have been the only to receive the fine unless all the performers, which included often potty-mouthed reggae stars like Vybz Kartel, Beenie Man, and Bounty Killer. Minaj told Vibe after the show that she’s a huge fan of reggae music and her fellow Sumfest performers.
“I always include a Reggae segment in my shows, even on the Britney Spears Tour because I love Jamaican culture and dancehall music,” Minaj told VIBE. “I grew up on it. Since I was little, I’ve loved Beenie Man, Lady Saw and Bounty Killer.”
- Hoe groot zijn Anouks kansen? - Volkskrant
- Veel muziek tijdens Samenloop voor Hoop - Den Helder Actueel
- Muziek zien in kleur? Iedereen kan het en ziet dezelfde kleuren - Scientias.nl
- Depeche Mode annuleert concert vanwege wegblokkade - NU.nl
- Anouk op achtste plaats bij wedkantoor - Volkskrant
- Voortbestaan feestorganisator UDC 'twijfelachtig' - NU.nl
- Mikal Cronin blikvanger op Le Guess Who? - Volkskrant
- Gotye: is de muziek op? - EditieNL
- TROS wil 'niets liever' dan Anouk als winnares Songfestival - NU.nl
- Anouk als dertiende in finale Songfestival - NU.nl
- Afwisselend concert in Pnielkerk in Veenendaal - dé Weekkrant
- Concert met Martin Brand - dé Weekkrant
- Twee koren in concert - CulemborgseCourant.nl
- Depeche Mode annuleert concert - Telegraaf.nl
- Nieuwe concert-app tegen telefoonopnames - SpitsNieuws
- Frank Ocean voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl
- Concert voor en met Vroege Vogels - De Stentor - De Stentor
- Beyoncé haalt concert België eind van de maand in - NU.nl
- Concert Beyoncé Antwerpen gaat door - NU.nl
- Extra concert Anouk - Telegraaf.nl