GO:AUDIO release ‘Drive to the City’
Shortly after releasing their first singles, ‘She Left Me’ and ‘Made Up Stories’ on Epic Records in the summer of 2008, Go:Audio parted company with the label to release their material independently.
Since then, they have been nominated for Best Newcomers at the Kerrang! Awards 2008 and written yet more material for their Andy Green (Keane) produced debut album. They’ve also sold an unprecedented number of tickets for their live dates, making them arguably the biggest unsigned act in the country.
Go:Audio have built up an enviable online following by engaging their MySpace community in crucial decisions, such as polls to determine the selection of their b-sides and artwork, and have now built up an overwhelming base of people power.
‘Drive To The City’ is a typically anthemic single from the band, mixing up disco synths with a do-or-die pop-rock chorus. Produced by the band’s keyboardist Josh Wilkinson, it’s destined to be sung along to with dizzy abandon when the band head out on the road.
Josh Wilkinson – Keyboardist+Backing Vocals
Zack Wilkinson – Guitarist
Andy Booth – Drummer
They rose to fame by building an initial fan base using their myspace page and touring small venues round the UK, their first single/EP Woodchuck was released in March 2008 (though scheduled for February), followed by Made-up Stories, and She Left Me in August, their first album was originally to be released at the end of January 2009, taking the name of their second single Made-up Stories. It has been delayed to an undisclosed time later in 2009, as the band wished to record a few more songs to add to the album. A new single is expected to be released before the album itself. The original 10-track album has been leaked onto a few torrent sites such as Isohunt and Mininova.
Go:Audio’s music style has been described as an emo rock-pop mix, with a hint of synth.
The have toured with and supported many big bands such as: Sherwood, Say Anything, Hellogoodbye, The Blackout, Bowling for Soup, My American Heart, Scouting for Girls and Kids In Glass Houses. Due to an injury to his knee, guitarist Zack had to pull out from the remainder of The Blackout’s tour, and cannot play for the remainder of Scouting For Girl’s tour. He was also unable to play their first headline show at the Bar Academy, Islington, with Casiokid and Lights Action supporting. Go:Audio’s Third headline tour is due to go ahead in April. They have also recently announced that a third single will be released in April, however it is unknown what it will be yet.
The band’s forthcoming tour is rapidly selling out, and will stop at the following venues:
1 April Nottingham Rescue Rooms (sold out)
2 April Cambridge Junction
3 April Oxford Academy (sold out)
4 April Manchester Academy 2 (sold out)
6 April Glasgow, QMU
7 April Newcastle Academy
8 April Birmingham Academy
9 April London Electric Ballroom
11 April Dublin Academy
12 April Belfast Limelight
- Will Smith werkt aan muziek met Kanye West - NU.nl
- Ook Wit-Rusland beschuldigt organisatie Songfestival van fraude - Parool.nl
- The Opposites heeft behoefte aan iets anders - NU.nl
- Lowlands verkoopt donderdag 1000 extra tickets - Parool.nl
- Treetop Flyers wil eerst Nederland dan VS veroveren - Volkskrant
- Soundgarden geeft in september concert in HMH - Parool.nl
- Junkie XL maakt muziek 300: Rise of an Empire - AD.nl
- Pia Douwes heeft nog genoeg dromen - NU.nl
- Anouk opgelucht na optreden Songfestival - NU.nl
- The Doors-toetsenist Ray Manzarek (74) overleden - NU.nl
- Jamie Cullum verrast treinreizigers met concert - NOS
- Concert Spanjaardsgat geannuleerd door weer - BN DeStem - BN DeStem
- Placebo voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Concert duo Lotus in Cellebroederskapel - Maastricht Aktueel - Maastricht Aktueel (Blog)
- Extra concert Ilse de Lange in de Effenaar - Studio040
- Rockband Paramore naar HMH voor concert - NU.nl
- Soundgarden geeft in september concert in HMH - AD.nl
- Exclusief Omroep Brabant-concert Guus Meeuwis vanavond LIVE op internet, tv ... - Omroep Brabant
- Concert Maroon 5 uitgesteld naar januari - NU.nl
- Dinsdag LIVE: Exclusief Omroep Brabant-concert Guus Meeuwis - Omroep Brabant