Dolly Parton: Movie roles need heels
Dolly Parton insists she “isn”t a great actress” so she would rather stick to roles that include her signature “high heels and big hair”.
The glamorous country singer stars in musical comedy Joyful Noise alongside Queen Latifah. Dolly has joked that she would try out method acting and put on 56lbs. for a big screen role, but would rather not ruin the look she is best known for.
“I could easily put it on, but I’d never be able to get it off again because I love my food so much,” she told British newspaper The Daily Mail.
“But to tell you the truth, I’m not a great actress and I have to do a part that’s close to me. I could probably be a better actress if I really dug deep and tore myself down, but I’m more confident on screen when I can wear my high heels and my big hair. I’d feel like I was naked otherwise.”
Dolly plays a larger-than-life woman who comes to blows with Latifah’s character over how to win a national choir competition in the movie. The two stars are involved in a cat fight on screen when Latifah”s character makes a mean reference to Dolly”s surgical enhancements.
The 66-year-old songstress isn”t fazed by jokes about her appearance.
“I didn’t have a problem with that line about procedures. I’ve always admitted to having nips and tucks here and there, and I told the director, ”Let her dig me deep, but let me get back at her too,”” she smiled.
“So we included a line for Queen Latifah where I told her I had a good lipo doctor if she needed one. It was tit for tat, if you’ll pardon the expression. But I’ve been around a long time and I’m pretty open about everything. I may as well make fun of myself before anyone else does.”
- Vriendschap onderdeel van succes Toppers - NU.nl
- Twee dagen kennismaken met muziek en dans - BredaVandaag.nl
- Alcoholgebruik verpestte shows Jamie Cullum - NU.nl
- Video Kanye West geprojecteerd op Stedelijk Museum - NU.nl
- Teruglezen: Malaise Free Record Shop raakt hele muziekindustrie - Volkskrant
- Internetsensatie Atlas Genius sluit geen compromissen - Volkskrant
- Glennis Grace heeft 'geen behoefte' aan deelname Songfestival - NU.nl
- Moeder natuur kan eindexamen muziek niet stoppen - Oog TV
- Eindexamen muziek met Krystl - 3FM- Radio
- EU beschermt eigen muziek- en filmindustrie - Volkskrant
- Gezamenlijk concert - Veenendaalse Krant
- Concert door Noortje van Middelkoop en Harm Hoeve - dé Weekkrant
- Klassiek concert ensemble Parlando in Geldermalsen - NieuwsbladGeldermalsen.nl
- Gevarieerd concert in het UCK op 9 Juni. - dé Weekkrant
- Toppers klaar voor Arabisch concert - AD.nl
- Groot concert voor Alpe d'Huzes met Jan Vayne en Petra Berger - DeStadAmersfoort.nl
- Gerard Joling geeft concert in Ziggo Dome - Volkskrant
- Toppers in Concert 2013: Help, er is een dresscode!… - Blog.nl (Blog)
- Editors voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Concert Maroon 5 half jaar uitgesteld - 3FM- Radio